Online review help

j0065

Name
JAy
Anyone have a lot of knowledge about online reviews? We have some very old negative reviews that are no longer relevant, and I want to see what I can do to remove them or make it so they are not a factor in customer decision making. Recently lost some $$$ jobs because of reviews from 3 to 5 years ago.

EDS

Name
Ed
Defiantly don’t have a lot of experience with reviews and most certainly don’t know how to get rid of negative ones. But Fred is right where you have to actively dilute the pool. Getting reviews is easy for me. Are you O/O?

I think reviews are probably easier for us to get compared to a multi truck operation. As a O/O I have all control. I think the key thing is knowing what type of customer you have and under what circumstances you acquired them and if they have a gmail account.

You have to build up momentum then once that happens it becomes easier. Go that extra mile for the customer and make sure they know that you are going that extra mile.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Fred is right, you just have to bury the bad with good. Since you've noticed that you're losing $$$ you may be more open than some to the idea that this is a marketing issue, and you'll need to spend some money on it.

The only way to guarantee someone leaves you a review is to pay them, so figure out how much to reward your real customers to leave real reviews and give them that as a discount or rebate after they leave the review. According to my Google friends, you aren't allowed to pay people to post Google reviews, but you can give people discounts on future services or a reward after they post a review. (I argued the difference, but the people I talked with just shrugged and said "that's the way it works.")

Stay away from paying a company to stack fake reviews. Suddenly going from 10 to 150 isn't believable, and you risk getting the Google death penalty, so take the slower route and reward your customers instead.

PS: We haven't systemetized a reward procedure, so have few reviews as well. We'll get on it one of these days.

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

EDS

Name
Ed
The only way to guarantee someone leaves you a review is to pay them

So everyone always does what they say they are going to do? (That is the problem right there)A little bit of a stretch there. Kinda dramatic if you ask me...Your contempt is shinning through... That being said, I think most be feel obliged to follow through on a commitment they have made once they have taken something for you regardless of what it is.

You could also send a"how is my service" email to every single customer the day after service making it idiot proof for them by having a live for them to click on...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Start working on getting more reviews. You have nine visible yelp reviews (same on google)..............not hard to find the old bad ones.

oh...and quit providing literally the worst customer service ever :biggrin:

Drop the mic

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2443.PNG

Reactions: EDS

EDS

Name
Ed
So many of my yelps are filtered out...have about the same number of google as you do yelps. It gets easy after a while and the more you have the more inclined (perhaps) someone is willing to be a part of something????

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
When I email their receipt, there is a link that takes them straight to where they leave a review.

And I ask them to say whatever they believe is true. I ask them right after I give them the spotter...

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Cause I'm a Facebook junkie

IMG_2783.PNG

One time a lady said I read a review online that said you didn't show up on time. I said yea, but did you read the other 180 reviews we have?

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Most people can weed out 1 or 2 bad reviews if you have a lot of good reviews.

Its when your ratings drop below 4 to 3.5 your in trouble.

Like Fred said stop doing crappy work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Coastie

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
So everyone always does what they say they are going to do? (That is the problem right there)A little bit of a stretch there. Kinda dramatic if you ask me...Your contempt is shinning through... That being said, I think most be feel obliged to follow through on a commitment they have made once they have taken something for you regardless of what it is.

Reread the comment Ed:
The only way to guarantee someone leaves you a review is to pay them, so figure out how much to reward your real customers to leave real reviews and give them that as a discount or rebate after they leave the review.

No one should pay a customer for a review in advance and hope people actually leave a review. No review, no kickbacks.

You're gullible if you think most people feel obliged to follow through on anything they say they'll do. Having been involved in multiple volunteer organizations, I'm confident in stating that very, very few people do what they say they'll do, but people are terrific at making promises, telling you what you want to hear, and making excuses later for doing nothing.

No one should pay a customer for a review in advance and hope people actually leave a review. No review, no kickbacks.

Back
Top Bottom