P.S. cheaper too

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Waldo, an Op is more agressive

a rotary if faster and easier
(at leste for this inexperieced OP'er)

Can't comment on the CRB machines, never used one other than demos but I've used our cert pile brush to scrub pre-spray with.
It digs more grit out, but a rotary does a MUCH better job of shearing the soil off the fiber

..L.T.A.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
never pre-scrubbed with my OP b4 HWE, but i used to do it with my Host. worked swell, and VERY fast. grab a host off of eBay and throw some Zebra brushes on it. that's the cheaper way to do it (-vs-'s a GLS).

thanx --- Derek.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I prefer a 175 rpm over my blue op as it works good and is quicker. I also have a donated host machine i been usin on the second floor of houses because its light weight. Works fine but is slower than the 175. I just hate carrying a 85 lb buffer up stairs the host machine is the weight of a vacuum and aggitates decent. Cimex, it stays in the van or garage. :D

Mister Sir

P>S> never used a GLS, Night, Night.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lance

It depends on what kind of scrubbing you want and/or need. If you look on ccsop.com and find the berber video you will see for yourself that op and cotton pads WILL pull up a lot of dirt.

Now some will say it is slower that a rotary and some will say it's not. Speed is like silicone boobs....some want them and some don't. Maybe because you're just scrubbin' the carpet before HWE you don't think you need or want anything else. But if op can scrub IN your prespray and at the sametime REMOVE some dirt isn't that a better clean. Wouldn't the HWE work better and maybe faster??

Just because you save time on the front end doesn't always mean faster. Saving time on the back end can do as much and sometimes more. I'm a big cheerleader for proper prep and execution of the job.

I think most don't try OP because of the dirty pads that have to washed at home or shop after a long day of work. I think you could minimize this by using a heavier pad for prespray agitation than what would normally be used during normal OP cleaning. But washing pads is not really that hard if you know how to do it properly and with some patience.

Oh ya, and an OP machine does cost more than a rotary....but it does a lot, lasts a long time, and maybe gives the customer a better cleaning.

I want to be super CC'er....not just an average one!!!!!!!!

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
While the GLS will pull up hair and sand from deep within the pile, a heavy 175 will break more oily soils loose.

Some carpets need both machines actually.

A used Host machine is a good option for a Po' boy like you.

Jim England

Pre Scrub

I think overall the dual counter rotating brush machines are a better way to go for pre-scrubbing. We own rotary machines, and own and sell both OP and CRB machines. The biggest advantages to the CRB machines are there light weight compared to a rotary and the fact at least on our machines they will not only dig up lots of dirt, hair, and other debris, but also collect it in the dirt recepticles. Which means for those that don't pre-vac, you are getting a lot of the dirt out of the carpet before you even HTW extract. This lets your pre-spray work better, it also pile lifts the carpet which will let the pre-spray work down into the carpet better and let your wand pull up more dirt. Rotaries tend to flatten the carpet as they go over it. With the right brushes on the CRB machine it will remove just as much dirt off the carpet as a rotary. Our new 500 grit brushes on any of the CRB machines will flat kick butt, and I will put our CRB machines and those brushes agains any rotary and many times against an OP machine( which is slower). However, I must preface this by saying that you might not want to use these brushes on some nice plush or cut pile residential carpeting, they are pretty aggressive, but I assume you are talking about really dirty carpet or commercial. but no matter what brushes you use, the machine is easier to use, gets into corners better, easier to get in and out of a van, up and down stairs, pile lifts and in the case of our machines can pre and post vac a carpet while grooming it at the same time. In the case of encaping commercial carpet I don't think there are many machines that are any faster than our TM-Pro 20 inch machine and with the right brushes clean any better, including a cimex.
By the way speaking of encapsualtion cleaning did any of you see the article understanding encapsulation cleaning in the cleanfax magazine this month. If you want to read the entire article which is very interesting go to www.cleanfax.com/Interview It' for HWE guys too.
Jim England smart-cleaning-solutions

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The CCS Brute OP machines (on wheels, pushed like a lawn mower) are about as fast as the same-size rotary and scrub better, IMO. Mine doesn't have the solution tank, so it's no more cumbersome than a rotary.

tcul

Hey Jim England!

Watched your brush and clean video.

Whose the babe in the miniskirt walking into the elevator.

WOW!

TC

The CCS Brute OP machines (on wheels, pushed like a lawn mower) are about as fast as the same-size rotary and scrub better, IMO. Mine doesn't have the solution tank, so it's no more cumbersome than a rotary.

Jim do you use your Brute on plush res job's ?

Rambo

tcul, I am purchasing a Tm-pro from Jim England this week and I am almost sure he said I get 1 weekend with mini-skirt girl on the elevator with the purchase. :twisted:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Chris M.:

Yes, I use a Brute with a CCS synthetic pad to prescrub plush residentials. This pad doesn't distort fibers, yet is an effective scrubber.

tcul

I don't know how she sits down in that mini. The guy cleaning with the CRB did not have his eyes on the carpet!

TC :twisted:

DavidVB

A OP machine does seem to scrub more aggressively, but also carries a higher risk of damage. A rotary has only one center to its revolution that is actually turning in a way that can unravel a tuft. The rest of the pad is laying the fiber over and wiping it. A OP machine has lots of these centers as it oscillates which can cause damage to some carpets. Right now we're using the GLS and like its pile lifting and maneuverability.

Jim England

Mini skirt babe

Ray, I'll see what day she is available to show you how to use your new TM-Pro. It will be exciting to watch her change brushes, however, she might distort some of your fibers while showing you how to use it.
Jim England smart-cleaning-solutions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom