OP Stair tool $20 at Auto Zone

DannyD

I was in Auto Zone & saw something similar to an OP stair tool for $20. It's a lighter version for sure, as it needs to be gentle enough to use on a car. They have it labeled as an auto buffer, but it sure looked a lot like something I paid about 8 times as much for. I didn't buy it cuz I was a lil confused on how I could be in an auto parts store, ready to buy an alternator from em, & they can't even gimme a jump. (My van died in their parking lot). DOINK!!

I haven't used the thing & don't know how well it works. I can see it as being pretty handy for various purposes though. I'm not selling the thing, just thought for the right person in the right situation it might be useful.

I also searched their site & can't find the product. The one in Auto Zone was similar to what's linked here, but the brand is Mothers & cost $20.

http://www.nextag.com/MOTOR-CITY-TOOLS- ... D9ABB3AFCC

Take care,
Danny

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Sucks when you pay WAY too much for a tool. Especially when it's the exact same thing. Jimmy pointed out one thing I bought once. Checked on Hesco and sure as chit, it was about 1/4 the cost.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"and .65 amp motor"

Is that a typo?

or is it a 6.5 amp motor?

BTW, you can but those even cheaper at Harbor Freight.
They go on sale pretty regularly for $14.99 .

I have one that's similar

They're OK for agitating pre-spray on uph

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I bought one similar to that years ago.The problem is when you press it against the carpet or fabric it stops.

I went to Harbor Freight and bout a angle buffer with a round handle grip with a variable speed to bonnet clean steps or furniture.
Its made by CHICAGO and cost about $50.It will handle the load but its not a high quality tool so if you use it everyday it won't last long.
MAKITA makes a heavier more expensive one if you plan on using it everyday.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i bought a new "GEM" orbital off of eBay for $75-$90...can't remember. i figured i'd save $$ over the OP manu's "Stair tools".

well, it works good and gets the job done, but as Jimmy alluded to, it stops when i apply pressure...not practical. from convo's on the Padderland forum, the CCS OP stairtool is the heaviest-dutiest and can take alotta pressure...haven't tried it or talked personally with anyone who has, that's just what i read :)

i think Con Shcultz mentioned that and i believe him.

thanx --- Derek.

C

Carpet Dude

I bought one for under $20.......I think you got beat down Buddy. I use mine for upholstery and stairs.....sometimes when applicable.

PS JiMmy.....what the creep is that thing on your profile suppose to mean? the white night pumping? you gay or sumethin?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Another option is to find an old or perhaps even buy a new "Bissell" two head rotary SHAMPOOER. Take off the handle and put some handles on each side. Adapt a velcro to the head and you can use hand bonnets .
Counter rotating brushes that spin at 400 rpm.

Raf, I didn't pick the space guy..Mikey did.
Its some attempt to discredit me in front of my peers because I hack on his buddy Greenie too much .

C

Carpet Dude

oh ok.....for a moment I thought you starched your klan white sheets a bit too much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom