Opinion needed!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Who here has an Avenger550? Have you used it? Do you have issues with it? If yes- whats wrong with it?

A freind of mine wants to get into tile and grout cleaning. He is a professional tile installer and he feels like he has a better chance to get bathroom remodels if he thorws in the tile and grout cleaning in the kitchen....I guess business is really slow for them to install and he figures cleaning is a good way to go.
They also are collecting info on getting into stone polishing as well.

I haven't researched the Avenger550 but if I remember correctly it is a rather small unit and I wouldn't like it for carpet cleaning.

So anyone got any useful info that I can hand over the guy?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its a PC Blazer's tsin brother. While it would a decent starter unit for carpet cleaning, I'd be a little concerned if it has enough PSI for T&G.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Thanks gentlemen, I was looking at the specs before posting and that is why I thought it was a bit weak for tile and grout cleaning. 1000psi max....

I have a feeling he is set on buying the unit, but I may have to talk him out of it. I'm certain he can get a good low hours unit in great shape for 11-12Grand, with better performance.

I'm still interested in real life user's opinion...anyone?

Must not be too bad if no complaints are rolling in rightaway... J/K

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Zee said:
Thanks gentlemen, I was looking at the specs before posting and that is why I thought it was a bit weak for tile and grout cleaning. 1000psi max....

I have a feeling he is set on buying the unit, but I may have to talk him out of it. I'm certain he can get a good low hours unit in great shape for 11-12Grand, with better performance.

I'm still interested in real life user's opinion...anyone?

Must not be too bad if no complaints are rolling in rightaway... J/K

ZEE,

I owned a little Avenger 210...basically the same components...It had 2 heat exchangers..
they were a bad problem.. -sniff The 210 had a HYPRO PUMP...it could maintain the 100psi..
Not so sure about the 3cp..?

With the right Juice & "AGGITATION"....800 to 900 psi..will suffice...!!!! BUT YOU NEED THE HEAT TO BE MAINTAINED...!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The more I ponder upon it, the more I lean towards persuading him to surrender the idea of owning this unit...

Hopefully he won't mind me telling the bad side of the story of his near future.. Especially because a local disty already told him he HAS to buy the $2000 watersoftener set otherwise his truckmount will be ruined.. And he was just staring into the air when I was telling him about spending an hour or so on descaling every 400-500hours and not mess with a softener.

Oh well....it is his money and life after all...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Sorry about my jacked up wording of my sentences...I'm really tired and multiple languages in my brain are just making me ...duuh..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I knew quite of few guys that had Performer Cubs, the predecessor to the Blazer. Those units ran hard for years, decent heat at low PSI.

We clean T&G with our Butler at 900-1000 PSI and it still maintain good heat but if it's dirty we use the Prochem units that can handle higher PSI on their pumps.

He should really go up a size in my opinion. Maybe even consider a unit with a propane heater in that price point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom