Opinions on the Hydramaster Drimaster?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I am considering purchasing a Hydramaster rotary Drimaster. I wanted to see if I could get some opinions on this machine. I currently use the Hydramaster RX-20 and really like it. Just curious to here some of the pros and cons of this machine to help me make my decision.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I had one for awhile, my advice would be skip the drymaster & get the greenhtorn wand with a hybrid glide instead. search the board for greenhorn & then contact Greenie for more info.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the Dri-master was a trendy board de-jour item at one time.

Like most board de-jour items, it's gone the way of the dodo

never owned one, but looked at them when the first came out.......and laughed at the plastic POS

word on the street is, they don't clean soiled carpets very well and won't hold up to the slightest amount of crew abuse

other than that, i guess they're fine.... :roll:

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I bought one before I had hose and wand upgrades from standard to 2.5 hose. It was one of the few ways to get good flushing and decent dry times without putting 2 airpaths in a room.

I stopped using it as often when I upgraded.. However, when I need thinks absolutely dry and I don't want to use fans. The drimaster with the 2.5 hose, leaves things meter dry in 30 minutes.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
David, you say good flushing, does it really restore those filthy trashed carpets to an acceptable condition. :?:

Thanks,

Shorty.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
sweendogg said:
I bought one before I had hose and wand upgrades from standard to 2.5 hose. It was one of the few ways to get good flushing and decent dry times without putting 2 airpaths in a room.

I stopped using it as often when I upgraded.. However, when I need thinks absolutely dry and I don't want to use fans. The drimaster with the 2.5 hose, leaves things meter dry in 30 minutes.

THEY DO GET YOU GREAT "DRY TIMES"....

IT IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD....TO US...!!!!!!!!!!

WE USE IT ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY....."FOR AREA RUGS" ....ON WOOD FLOORS....!!!!$3.00 SF..!!!!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Shorty it gave us 1.5 gallons per minute of continuous flushing vs. our wand at the time that was about .9 gpm. So retrospectively it gave us better flushing and better recovery with a stock system. It does add an extra level of aggitation and I do end up using more moisture with that machine that I do with a greenhorn wand.

Name
jack zerkie
yep have it sitting in the garage next to the rx20. The drimaster is to dry for bad jobs I would pull off the vacum hose the plenty of water, but thats not why they made it, works good on speciallty rugs, plenty of control. Oh yea drimaster has a friend next to its a rotovac like new, maybe time to sell a few things. jack z.

Farenheit251

I likeed it and thought the cleaning was great,but I couldn't get the pattern to go away. Raking or even running the wand over it and there was still the nap facing opposite every 12 inches even on berber. It made for a very poor visual appearance on the vacants I do. The guys I know who use them don't groom and have convinced themself that customers love the swirls.

Calal99

As far as the Drimaster vs the rx 20 there is no comparison Drimaster wins hands down
Was doing a 6k sq ft low nap commercial job with a yellow truck friend, he arrived before me and had his rx20 rolling at which point I offered the use of my backup Drimaster, which he hooked up just to try, however after only 30 seconds he gets my attention to show me the amount of dirt coming through shield (which I am used to seeing) then he tells me that is the area he had just cleaned with the rx20.
Needless to say he finished with the Drimaster and it took me 6 weeks to get it back ...lol he now has his own and is looking to sell the rx20.

and as far as coverage rates hows 196,200 sq ft (two five story and one seven story college dorms) completed in 6 days with 2 Drimasters, 2 TMs, 8 hour days

And yes the shield and cover are Lexan That is what allows Drimaster owners to see the results and know when it is truly clean not just forced down and out of site. oops it just sliped out :roll:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
That is one thing I do like about the drimaster.. I can see what I'm getting out very clearly and I know when there is still residue in the carpet or if its just water rinsing clear. Here is a few images :

2008_0615CarpetCleaning0066.jpg

2008_0615CarpetCleaning0067.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
That was a definate prescrub with a 175.. it was about year and a half ago when the Judson's O2 contest was going on to get a free greenhorn wand. I ended up doing a second rinse with the wand and snapped my final pictures before I groomed it. That disqualified me from the contest. :evil:

This was some friends of ours who basically destroyed their carpet and simply had no money to doing anything to improve the situation. So hoping that O2 system with the old hot sauce modifier could work miracles and asking only fuel money. I offered to clean it up for them.

I kinda of wish I had the new hot sauce Modifier to mix with the O2. Here was the before and after I gave:

2008_0615CarpetCleaning0064.jpg

2008_0615CarpetCleaning0078.jpg

This was simply a mercy cleaning and it was definatly a huge improvement over the living condition they had. ( Notice the orange hose in first picture... I had to shop vac the place before I could even vac with my upgright.

I would have done some addittional redremoval but it would have probably takena bout a case of red relief and they were getting the cleanign darn near free anyways.

Calal99

Looks great David. Can you prescrub with the drimaster

In certain situations yes you can use it to prescrub, but with a weight of 48 lbs it is not as effective as a 175
however if u pull the vac hose and lay down a bit of hot water then make a few passes with it you will see good results, great for flushing that problem area

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You know what really pissed me off about that job, I did it as a good deed and the Mother in law, had the nerve to say, "I can't believe he can't get it any better looking than that." All snobish too. Too bad I wasn't there when she said it... I would have ripped her a new one on the spot.. ( and the father in Law probably would have let me too!) :twisted:

Sorry

Got off track...

The drimaster adds the aggitation into the mix very well, I've tried prescrubbing with it.. not that great.. Now i havn't tried putting a pad or bonnet down yet to see if it would work that way. I thought it would be neet if they could add a brush ring to prescrub before you extract.. All you would have to do it is make a shampoo brush that has angled fins that fit into the extraction slots. Only problem is if hydramaster makes it. the will end up selling it for like 350 plus dollars. Like all the rx-20 attachments. I also tried using it to shampoo rugs before I started full immersion washing. (quickly went to the shampoo brush and a 175 for that).. I'd run the shampoo through the solution line and run the machine without the vac hose like suggested above. Then extract them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom