Orbot Vibe or mytee eco-17

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
So now with this new orbot Vibe about to hit the scene the question is "Hos orbot Vibe or Mytee eco-17"

I was going to get the eco-17 but that new VIBE looks nice too. Now i don't know which to get, eco-17 has been out for a little while now and the feedback seems to be good on it. The Vibe just came out and so no end user feed back yet on it. Both are good companies and i'm sure customer service would be good for both.

One thing i can see that maybe the eco-17 has over the vibe is that you can choose gravity feed or spray or both at the same time i believe.

No videos on the vibe yet....Someone buy a vibe and post a video for me, lol...Or orbot if you read this please post a video on your website.

Mikey P

Administrator
The difference in performance should be the same.

I would want to deal with a company known for always going over the top in quality parts and all American made components, excessive RnD and a MUCH longer history with Oscillating Pad machines.

Look for a SWEETHART of a package deal price announced here next tuesday

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
The difference in performance should be the same.

I would want to deal with a company known for always going over the top in quality parts and all American made components, excessive RnD and a MUCH longer history with Oscillating Pad machines.

Look for a SWEETHART of a package deal price announced here next tuesday

Thanks Mikey P,

I am aware that orbot has a much longer history with OP machines and that is deffinately to their advantage and will be taken into consideration in my decision.
And since you just mentioned "Look for a SWEETHART of a package deal price announced here next tuesday" That has deffinately got my attention. So keep me posted on that please as it also could be be a deal breaker in my decision.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That was the last of four Mike.
What about the rest?

One thing you can say for Orbot, is that their machines always look quite impressive.

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Considering the money that can be made with any of these machines, price though important, should be at the bottom of the decision ladder.
  • Dependability (& durability), Production rate, Ease of use on our body & Quality of cleaning would be my top.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Considering the money that can be made with any of these machines, price though important, should be at the bottom of the decision ladder.
Dependability (& durability), Production rate, Ease of use on our body & Quality of cleaning would be my top.

Good post. Since both of these machines are priced within only a few hundred dollars of each other, dependability & durability should be at the top of the list when considering which to buy, But thats something only time will tell.

However, although both companies have been in business for a long time now, orbot has been making OP machines for a lot longer then Mytee, thats not to say that the mytee op won't turn out to be both dependable and durable.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Dependability (& durability), Production rate, Ease of use on our body & Quality of cleaning would be my top.

Good post. Since both of these machines are priced within only a few hundred dollars of each other, dependability & durability should be at the top of the list when considering which to buy, But thats something only time will tell.

However, although both companies have been in business for a long time now, orbot has been making OP machines for a lot longer then Mytee, thats not to say that the mytee op won't turn out to be both dependable and durable.

I must add the fact that the eco-17 allows you to be able to use the machine to spray or do gravity feed which i like. Its nice to have the option. Its like a combination of the Hoss Vibe and Hoss Gravity in one machine. Hey maybe the vibe should at that feature to their Vibe, but then that would make their gravity machine obsolete i guess.

Reactions: ruff

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I must be dense but how does the gravity feed work?

From solution take down through the pad driver through the pad?
:headscratch:

I've never used one so maybe I just don't get it but it sure seems like an assbackwards way to get cleaning solution to the carpet. ???

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Gravity-feed isn't going to work well on an orbital machine. Initially we developed the Vario machine with a spray & solution-feed option. But we quickly saw the limitation of solution-feed. In theory, you'd think it might work for doing straight encap cleaning using FiberPlus pads. But it doesn't work because the velocity of an orbital machine whips the detergent into a foam and slings it out the sides. And gravity-feed won't work for bonnet/pad cleaning, because the solution needs to be sprayed onto the carpet to accomplish bonnet cleaning. Feeding the solution through the bonnet won't work. Apparently Mytee had their eye on the original Vario when they came up with the Eco, since it mirrored the features and pricing of the early Vario. And I suspect Hruby may have also had the Vario in their sights, considering the price point of the Vibe is about half of what the Orbot sold for. It's great to see that orbital machine pricing is finally coming back down to earth! If the Vario played any part in moving that forward, I'm very pleased. :)

smart n kleen

Gravity-feed isn't going to work well on an orbital machine. Initially we developed the Vario machine with a spray & solution-feed option. But we quickly saw the limitation of solution-feed. In theory, you'd think it might work for doing straight encap cleaning using FiberPlus pads. But it doesn't work because the velocity of an orbital machine whips the detergent into a foam and slings it out the sides. And gravity-feed won't work for bonnet/pad cleaning, because the solution needs to be sprayed onto the carpet to accomplish bonnet cleaning. Feeding the solution through the bonnet won't work. Apparently Mytee had their eye on the original Vario when they came up with the Eco, since it mirrored the features and pricing of the early Vario. And I suspect Hruby may have also had the Vario in their sights, considering the price point of the Vibe is about half of what the Orbot sold for. It's great to see that orbital machine pricing is finally coming back down to earth! If the Vario played any part in moving that forward, I'm very pleased. :)
Brother, thanks for all your help.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Eco17Head.jpg
Just for a little balance . . . we have had the ECO17 for many months.
It has proven itself in carpet , stone, and wood cleaning applications.
I also think it is far more attractive than the plain looking Vibe (check out both motor housings).
As far as the design aspects, Mytee has worked with John G.,
who has the most orbiting experience in the U. S.
The foam-filled pneumatic tires add operating stability,
& make it easy to handle from the truck to the job.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=5364

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Why wouldn't a cleaner just buy his products then? :headscratch:

worked with or stolen ideas from? Gerkinky was pretty lived when the Eco came out. Tried to claim his jiggle movement is patented.

Mytee doesn't care and will soon be offering the same awesome soil stripping ability.

Chrome floor machines look like crap in a month...

Reactions: KevinL

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
It seems to me that multi-wand extraction,

is where the AeroTech excels . . .

Even Lockhart uses them successfully for water restoration . . .

but he is from the Lone Star state . . .

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
I'm sure the vibe and the eco-17 perform very well, i guess if one guy likes the chrome look he'd go for the mytee and if not then the vibe. chrome can always be polished and cleaned up to keep it looking good, it's all about maintenance and how well you take care of your stuff to some extent. I like the looks of both, i do tend to lean a little more towards the "chrome look" Both machines have some things i like more then the other both in looks and features which is why i am on the fence as to which one to get.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom