Oreck? Yes or No

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
The search for the “right” vacuum continues. Anyone have any experience with the Oreck XL2100RHS (the blue one) any any commercial Orecks for that matter?

randy

Name
Randy
I love them. Buy one off craigslist for $40-50. Put a new beater bar and belt in for nominal amount and give it a test for a few days. Best beater bar I have ever seen and if you buy it right it's the lowest cost option out there. I have had tons of vacuums and it holds it own fine. Any of the xL models are the same deal.

I also have a proteam 4 gal wet dry vac that I use to post vac after encapping. Pulls a whoping 140 cfm and is very, very well built, comes with a nice assortment of tools and a beater bar is available. JonDon sells them for $179 or about $100 off list.

The only down side to the orcek is NO TOOLS. The combination of these two solves all the issues, plus it's handy to have around when you have 8 neices / nephews leaving m&ms, skittles and craker crums all over.

Mikey P

Administrator
Some thick nylons can be a hassle, but those are rare and a hassle with your Royals too.

Royal belts and over costs involved are the deal killer.

My guys like the sel propelled Kirbys but no way would I or you pay full price.
We buy them used for $50-$100.

I think the Oreck is just right for you if you also get the Hoover PortaPower canister for edges and upholstery

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I like the Oreck's too. They're not a particularly "clean" vacuum. They spew out a micro amount of dust, like most old-school bagged vacuum cleaners do. But I don't think that's necessarily a deal breaker. And like Braden said, they can be hard to push on plush padded carpet. But the Oreck's are a proven work horse. I've owned a couple though the years and they held up well. Overall I think it's a decent enough vac.

Reactions: J Scott W

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The dust comes through the bag. The Oreck doesn't kick out a ton of dust. But you can see some on the handle and on top of the vacuum. I've seen more dust from other bagged vacuums... Kirby, Royal, Sanitaire, Hoover Commercial's (I've owned them all).

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The model that I won on the board to give my wife for Christmas is great!

And I have not witnessed any dust spewing out of the vacuum either or heard my wife say anything negative about her gift.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
For those woreied about this trivial nonsense, get the multi ply green bag.

Best ballance of any upright
Ridiculously cheap bags and parts
HUGE bag
Best upright for stairs
Must interactive brushroll ever
Best belt design of all the Dirty Air designs
Dirt cheap.

steve_64

Dust seeps out around the gooseneck at the bottom.

The commercial ones have longer motor brushes so they run longer. Only real difference I know of.

Like any bag vac change them often so they don't stink. Taking them into homes you can't wait for the bag to fill up.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I have been running the fabled Oreck XL for many years. Long before they were a MB fad.

Lightweight, compact, easy to run, easy to repair.

What more can you ask for? Attachments, yeah, I know.

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

It's not a good commercial vacuum though due to it's small stature but is easy to use on stairs.
The shark has replaced ours but miss it on stairs in hallways.

Name
Matt Ross
No. I would lose a ton of money if I used an oreck. Too heavy and slow. Might work fine for residential carpet, but a Windsor or pro team has an easy to use wand, is lighter, has better filtration, sucks more, and doesn't look like a 50s dinner.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ive tried all the commercial vacuums and still believe it or not, the Bissell Clean View is my favorite. When its brand new it sucks like crazy, actually really impressive suction for a vacuum that goes on sale for $79.

Its really easy to keep the filters clean and when it starts looking a little beat up after 1 busy season you just throw it away/give it away and get a brand new fresh one.

I prefer it over sanitaire sc99, any kirby, pro team, oreck, or dyson. It digs deep.

Plus vacuums are so nasty after 1 busy season I dont really care to take them apart and spend time getting the smell out and all the gunk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom