Original Palm Springs Terrazzo Restoration

Name
cameron demille
Finally hooked one of these people in these old PS condos. Now that we did this, we're getting ready for her neighbors house, but his is 3 times more work.

Between each expansion joint, there are stainless strips. The ground is so jacked up here that each square in between the strips curls up at the edges, so I needed to use the Cimex with the floating heads. Diamonds from 220 electroplated in some areas, up to 1800, then polished with MB-22. The crack was filled with marble chips and liquid epoxy, custom mixed on site.

The next job is in worse shape, has tack strip holes filled with grey cement and strips popping out.

ZiOyEYL.jpg

Ln20uYP.jpg

Huge crack running the length of the room, both ways
fdT4kfi.jpg

No more crack
qOxBM3q.jpg

OQnDyy6.jpg

sdgfOvD.jpg

This crack was wider than it looks
B6U0lEP.jpg

DqDlzoE.jpg

H8jRfPg.jpg

9mByidP.jpg

gfxmExm.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Looks nice! If the slab is settling, is it likely the crack(s) will reappear in the future?

Name
cameron demille
thanks guys. I'm going today to get the contract signed for the next one. There is a lot more involved. Removing some concrete and pouring new terrazzo, coring out the tack strip holes for repair, etc. I think we are only doing the outside for the time being though, until he gets back. There will be plenty of repairs for that though, I'll post the pics when we're done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom