O'Rings for quick connects, where can I get these?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So yea, my fancy water supply quick connect now leaks, bad. My 45$ quick connect cant be garbage?

I know the rings inside can be replaced. How do I find these are they a "special" type (can I go to ace?).

Seems like they would be easy to get out. In, not so sure. Is there a tool I'll need to get?

https://www.dixonvalve.com/product/3HF3-S

20170728_165750.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You might start with Dixon to find the part number, or just pull one out and compare it to others at the o-ring store. I took one into a local gasket maker and didn't worry about rubber type. My guess is their Buna.

Use a large safety pin or anything pointy to stab the ring. Pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I make all of our guys practice changing o-rings; I won't tolerate leaky fittings.

PS: Make sure you polish the "drug it on the sidewalk" spikes off of the male fittings. That's what destroys the o-rings.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Like Oz mention take care of the male end also. Larry has good suggestions too if you must pursue it. I suggest you buy a another one and spend the time that you would jack around with it, cleaning and making money or with your family. :winky:

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Like Oz mention take care of the male end also. Larry has good suggestions too if you must pursue it. I suggest you buy a another one and spend the time that you would jack around with it, cleaning and making money or with your family. :winky:

Quicker to change the o-ring than swap out the fitting. Why waste money on a new one?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If the o ring is worn generally so are the ball bearings. Then by the time you go buy a pick, O-rings, lube and your time to monkey with it where is the savings.

It's a 45$ and stainless, you guys throw that shat away???

Two o'ring are 1.60$...

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom