Other truck!

Able 1

Name
Keith
We all do it our own way! That's the beauty!! Personally I would not dual wand with anything less then an AT,Vortex, Everest 650, or the big SS unit..

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We all do it our own way! That's the beauty!! Personally I would not dual wand with anything less then an AT,Vortex, Everest 650, or the big SS unit..

I agree but a apex 570 pro1200 se

Lower flow wands and keep the wands on the carpet.

I don't do it a lot, but upholstery and carpet these machines are fine with.

You want to keep the upholstery on the fabric at all times.

It's rare we do it, mostly like you if it's a huge job will take two trucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Able 1

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Pussy.

Try sending non relatives in a $110k truck to clean a 200 million estate..

My biggest fear is my guys thinking! I can get away with not running wall guards or putting down runners on sensitive flooring.

Its like sometimes they dont understand the contracting and releasing of the hose like a saw on walls and wood.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Duel wanding on a house is nuts imo. You have 2 guys, you should knock that out in no time. Prespray, scrub, wand with the other guy pulling hose, 2000 sqft per hour. No empty hands. Hardest thing for an owner/operator is to watch employees take twice the time to accomplish what he can do in half the time.
We dual wand just about EVERY job EVERY day, and we get done in about half the time a single wand would.

We have knocked out upholstery and carpet, tile and carpet, tile and upholstery; dual wanding allows us to make almost twice as much money per hour.

Until you have actually done it this way, you'll never really know.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We dual wand just about EVERY job EVERY day, and we get done in about half the time a single wand would.

We have knocked out upholstery and carpet, tile and carpet, tile and upholstery; dual wanding allows us to make almost twice as much money per hour.

If you have a system and it works, great. I just find personally, that it is faster with 2 guys on a single wand, rather taking the time to set up 2 wands and hose runs. I can see the benefit if you have one guy just standing around but with 2 guys, you can set up faster, pre vac, pre spray, scrub faster, then when one guy gets on the wand, the other one is putting the other stuff away, pulling hose, moving furniture, padding/blocking, grooming, etc. I can see the advantage on some jobs where you have a lot of upholstery and carpet and you want one set up to one thing and the other to do another but the times (which is few) that I have the opportunity to dual wand, it seemed that we were in each others way. I guess practice makes perfect.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
If you have a system and it works, great. I just find personally, that it is faster with 2 guys on a single wand, rather taking the time to set up 2 wands and hose runs. I can see the benefit if you have one guy just standing around but with 2 guys, you can set up faster, pre vac, pre spray, scrub faster, then when one guy gets on the wand, the other one is putting the other stuff away, pulling hose, moving furniture, padding/blocking, grooming, etc. I can see the advantage on some jobs where you have a lot of upholstery and carpet and you want one set up to one thing and the other to do another but the times (which is few) that I have the opportunity to dual wand, it seemed that we were in each others way. I guess practice makes perfect.
I understand what you are saying. We take in a "set" of hoses (vac and steam at the same time), and then do it again, with corner guards, and being careful not to scuff anything. We now have both sets of hoses in. We connect the hoses, start the machine, and start cleaning. We carry fresh water, but connect if we are running low. We do not move every stick of furniture, especially in bedrooms, but we do discuss what they want moved.

We do have a system, making sure the last hose off the reel, goes outside first so it can go back on the reel until the other hose is through. Out goes the second set of hoses, wrapped up while I am doing the bill and talking with the customer.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I understand what you are saying. We take in a "set" of hoses (vac and steam at the same time), and then do it again, with corner guards, and being careful not to scuff anything. We now have both sets of hoses in. We connect the hoses, start the machine, and start cleaning. We carry fresh water, but connect if we are running low. We do not move every stick of furniture, especially in bedrooms, but we do discuss what they want moved.

We do have a system, making sure the last hose off the reel, goes outside first so it can go back on the reel until the other hose is through. Out goes the second set of hoses, wrapped up while I am doing the bill and talking with the customer.
Was that the rig in Nashville?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

Basic prespray and clean you might be able to get close to double per hour minus the time for a double hose setup and breakdown.

Throw in vacuuming, power preconditioning, moving furniture (tabbing & blocking) and post grooming and your lucky to hit a 50-60% increase.

Not knocking dual wanding. Got my first dual unit around 1984. Just what I have experienced.

Reactions: SamIam and hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Bob, i'm curious about your propane heater. I currently use a LG but yours seems a lot hotter and I think you have an electric pilot light. Is that your own design or is it available publicly. I'm thinking when its time to replace my LG, I may want to try one of those.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Bob, i'm curious about your propane heater. I currently use a LG but yours seems a lot hotter and I think you have an electric pilot light. Is that your own design or is it available publicly. I'm thinking when its time to replace my LG, I may want to try one of those.
It is my own design, but if you want one I can get one made for you. I have a patent on the heater's electronics that gives you the most even heat throughout the entire cleaning process. The pilot is automatically lit, and the system has a automatic relighter in case a heavy wind would blow it out.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It is my own design, but if you want one I can get one made for you. I have a patent on the heater's electronics that gives you the most even heat throughout the entire cleaning process. The pilot is automatically lit, and the system has a automatic relighter in case a heavy wind would blow it out.
Bob, I wonder if you could pm me the details. I can't justify buying one right now but when I need to replace my lg I would really like something better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom