Our "Clean Carpet/Wool/Green/Chem Sensitive" option

Mikey P

Administrator
Have been Chemspec's One Earth powder for years in Scruz

I'm using Procyon in NV which is nearly identical in pH level, purpose and theory but not so in actual ingredients. No real reason for the switch, just the product fell into my lap lets say..

Both are excellent.

https://soapfreeprocyon.com/pdf/5b.pdf

http://www.jondon.com/media/pdf/msds_docs/MS-CS-DFF210OE.pdf

Kinda interesting is that a jug of One Earth weighs 8# and a jug or Procyon comes in at 6# yet the physical volume is identical, so you'll be running out at the same time...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

It's due to the different builders they use.

Procyo-n uses STPP which has a pH of 9.5, is a great builder, and does a good job.

The other ChemS product uses sodium carbonate which has a pH of 11

and is not a builder we would use on carpet since it is a precipitating builder.

Use the Procyo-n Plus of the two products, imo.

Last edited:

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
procyon is a great product. We ran it for about 5yrs of jobs, price is great.. we pick it up at rotovac 50#s for $185.

recently switched to bio break because it saves us money not having to add a nice scent to procyon, also I feel like it wipes minor pet stains a little better

before we would add a little OSR to procyon which is a good combo

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

Im trying to figure out the option. You only offer one in Nevada?

So it's not an option for the customer?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
One possible option...he using procyon meet the criteria of all in one chem

Tom Forsythe

Soap Free products, of which most manufacturers have an option, fit into this category. Our product is Clean Free, but it contains sodium tripolyphosphate which is not environmentally "green" but generally regarded as safe to humans. The pH of Clean Free is also above the pH standards for wool as ours is around a pH of 10. My guess is that none of them officially meet all four of the criteria stated in your topic heading, which is really hard to formulate in a powder. The best performing powders will generally have some phosphate in them and will have a pH higher than 8.5.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
A precipitating builder works by combining with hardness ions in the water.

These precipitates are insoluble, and are difficult to remove from fibers.

If not removed, they lead to "grey deposits" on the fiber.

STPP on the other hand forms soluble compounds,

which rinse away quite nicely.

Reactions: ruff

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you offer other products that are not green was my question.

Of course.
My guys use Redline on medium soil and Flex on the gooey stuff. I dont let them deviate from those products as they know them well.

I on the other hand have most every prespray known to man on my shelves (tradeshow left overs,Shill Samples, stuff I stole from SCrus etc) in NV and am trying to use them all up before I stick to a final three.

Reactions: steve_64

Mikey P

Administrator
zep-carpet-cleaning-products-zupxc128-64_1000.jpg

zep-carpet-cleaning-products-zuhtc128-64_1000.jpg

zep-carpet-cleaning-products-zucec128-64_1000.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
They do have a ZEP extraction formula with teflon in it : )

CTI'S POWDERED FIRSTORM BABY!

Mikey P

Administrator
Soap Free products, of which most manufacturers have an option, fit into this category. Our product is Clean Free, but it contains sodium tripolyphosphate which is not environmentally "green" but generally regarded as safe to humans. The pH of Clean Free is also above the pH standards for wool as ours is around a pH of 10. My guess is that none of them officially meet all four of the criteria stated in your topic heading, which is really hard to formulate in a powder. The best performing powders will generally have some phosphate in them and will have a pH higher than 8.5.

We're going to use the Clean Free on the carpet at the RMH/Vegas and Flex/BoostAll on the tile

Attachments

• Boost all.jpg
    Boost all.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 164
  • clean free.png
    clean free.png
    103 KB · Views: 196
  • Flex.jpg
    Flex.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 145

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Redline similar to Code Red?
Redline has delimonene and enzymes, yet is 10 ph, which means that uou are not violating the manufacturer's warranty.
Works very well, reasonably priced, rinses well and does not foam like Flex or some other products.

It's a MasterBlend product.

Mikey P

Administrator
Redline has delimonene and enzymes, yet is 10 ph, which means that uou are not violating the manufacturer's warranty.
Works very well, reasonably priced, rinses well and does not foam like Flex or some other products.

It's a MasterBlend product.

Flex foams?

when?

With our VAT waste tanks, you'd never know.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Unfortunately, or in S.F rather fortunately I do not own a VAT.

One extended sprinter parking experience extravaganza, was enough for moi.
Yes it foams. Not terribly but it does.

Tom Forsythe

The original Flex liquid used a surfactant that could have foam issues. We changed that many years ago in Flex liquid. The new surfactant blend limits that issue to carpets that have a lot of surfactant residue. We use the same surfactants in Flex powder, but the d'limonene (solvents in general) limit foam issues to pre-existing surfactant residue.

Name
Lyon
Have a 40lbs of Procyon that I bought last year, very few clients ask for green or no chemicals Cleaning. Most of the time their carpets are too soiled. Do you have any pictures of the dirtiest carpets you’ll use it on before and afters? And what else do you use it one besides, upholstery and carpet?

Have been Chemspec's One Earth powder for years in Scruz

I'm using Procyon in NV which is nearly identical in pH level, purpose and theory but not so in actual ingredients. No real reason for the switch, just the product fell into my lap lets say..

Both are excellent.

https://soapfreeprocyon.com/pdf/5b.pdf

http://www.jondon.com/media/pdf/msds_docs/MS-CS-DFF210OE.pdf

Kinda interesting is that a jug of One Earth weighs 8# and a jug or Procyon comes in at 6# yet the physical volume is identical, so you'll be running out at the same time...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It could be related to previous residue. I didn't do a scientific side by side experiment. Just noticed that in general it foams more than Redline. Not terribly, as to cut vacuum power, but noticeably more. I wonder if others had the same experience.

I use the Flex powder. Dissolves exceptionally well.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Have a 40lbs of Procyon that I bought last year, very few clients ask for green or no chemicals Cleaning. Most of the time their carpets are too soiled. Do you have any pictures of the dirtiest carpets you’ll use it on before and afters? And what else do you use it one besides, upholstery and carpet?
I use Procyon on probably 75 percent of what I do. Procyon extreme liquid prespray followed by Procyon plus powder rinse. If it's heavily soiled, agitate with a crb or rotovac 360 I brush head

Reactions: Moser Brothers
Back
Top Bottom