Our Customers' Relationship with Pets (This one is for you Jimmy L!)

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I had a lady stop to see me about a home I have for rent. She did not bring a spouse with her, or a room mate to see the place.

She brought her dog.

I thought at first that she had no one to watch the pet, or perhaps that she was on the way to, or from a veterinary appointment.

Neither was the case. She brought the dog to make sure it liked the house, and me as her prospective landlord.

It made me think of something I read just the day before about peoples' changing attitudes about pets.

Here are some excerpts. You can find the full story here: https://www.rover.com/blog/press-release/rover-com-reveals-new-research-dog-people/

A Dog’s Role in Romance

· One in four pet parents have brought their pet on a date.

· Most dog people (65 percent) admitted to taking more photos of their dog than their significant other!

· Almost half (47 percent) of those with a significant other admit they’d find it harder to leave their dog for a week than their human partner.

Man’s Best Friend…and Family

· Nearly all dog owners (94 percent) consider their dog a part of the family.

· Fifty-six percent of dog people say hello to their dog first when they come home, before greeting the rest of the family.

· The majority of dog people (78 percent) would include their dog in family moments like marriage proposals, holiday cards and vacations.

Love for Our Dogs

· Most dog owners (88 percent) have done things to make sure their dog doesn’t get lonely when home alone, including leaving the TV on or getting a second pet.

· One in three pet parents have shed a tear when leaving their dog at home.
· The majority of dog owners (56 percent) have celebrated their dog’s birthday.

No matter how you feel about pets personally, this trend is changing, and will continue to change, the cleaning industry.

Reactions: J Scott W

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I like my Pichõn doggie. I'm not silly crazy about him but he's pretty cool to have around. One thing I noticed about him is that no matter what is going on or what mood I am in, he is always consistent with his love, attitude, loyalty and demeanor day after day after day. Dogs are amazingly loving.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I like my Pichõn doggie. I'm not silly crazy about him but he's pretty cool to have around. One thing I noticed about him is that no matter what is going on or what mood I am in, he is always consistent with his love, attitude, loyalty and demeanor day after day after day. Dogs are amazingly loving.

....and its not so often we are fortunate enough to find a human to treat us as well

* Full Disclosure: My dog owning days ended with having children in my house.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I try to be very sensitive to all customers with animals, no matter how challenging the cleaning may be. One thing Ive learned, agree with the pet owner and never offend cause lots of them love their pets more then anything in this world.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I try to be very sensitive to all customers with animals, no matter how challenging the cleaning may be. One thing Ive learned, agree with the pet owner and never offend cause they love their pets more then anything in this world.

Which is the point of my post Rafael. No matter what we think, they love them at times more than their kids and significant others, and surely more than they "love" us.

Your position will win, and keep, customers.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
...late breaking news.

A sales lady who had an appointment with me for tomorrow asked if she could change the appointment to today. She had some things cancel, and by coming today can return home this evening instead of Friday night.

She said: "Thanks so much! Now I can get home tonight and sleep with my Great Dane!"

At this point, its not even odd anymore.

Reactions: FB7777

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
...late breaking news.

A sales lady who had an appointment with me for tomorrow asked if she could change the appointment to today. She had some things cancel, and by coming today can return home this evening instead of Friday night.

She said: "Thanks so much! Now I can get home tonight and sleep with my Great Dane!"

At this point, its not even odd anymore.

Husband from Denmark?

Reactions: steve_64

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Husband from Denmark?

:)

No...and not Hamlet either.

I guess if you think of it, that dog won't complain about dinner, come home late smelling of liquor or perfume, and doesn't bring other dogs over to watch sports on TV, play poker, and smoke cigars.

It doesn 't say much about us guys that we are so easily replaced....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I wonder how many of them have taken them on their honeymoon too.

It's a SICK society in that we think of pets as part of the family . Especially how they CONTAMINATE our homes.
I've seen homes where the people have come down with strange diseases and they have no clue why. Walking barefoot across PET URINE or TURDS and then they hop into bed and allow those pets to sleep with them.

AS your future president I will see that ALL pets will be taken to a INCINERATOR so we can all live more healthy lifestyles. : )

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I shared this ongoing conversation with a middle aged couple I know who are customers of mine.

The husband looked at his wife and winked, saying: "Well there is a least ONE reason you keep me around"

She smirked and said: "Don't flatter yourself! If the dog could cut the grass, fix the car, and kill spiders, you'd be out of here!"

My fellow sales guys in the supply end of the business don't want to talk to cleaners in the evening and weekends. Why they'd rather watch comedy and reality shows on TV is beyond me.....There are no more entertaining and funny people than you folks.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
JiMmy I just might vote for ya since you have striking similalities to the Don...

IMG_0606.JPG

Reactions: Jimmy L
Name
Matt Ross
The insane thing is, these people who care that much about their pets, don't know how to treat the animal in a way that makes it happy. I love my dog. But he is a dog. I have never not done something or been restricted in any way because of a pet. If the dog can't be by itself for a whole day or more without me, then it needs training. I love it when camping and these old people are trying to get their little useless small dog to come back to them. They are screaming the dog's name for the 50th time, and sure enough, the dog ignores it like the first 49 times. If your dog doesn't exist to obey and please you, it's a useless animal. If it does those things, it's actually happier because it knows it's place in the world.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty has a weedle useless dog that he carries around like a baby.

Such a big girlie man he is

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom