over 600 rugs now

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
For the week. We've only been open 3 hours in 4 of 5 drop off centers and we've had 80 rugs come in so far for a total of 622 for the week. Should hit 700-750 total for the week.

Spring has sprung.
Ken

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ken how many did you end up with?
will it slow down or will the flow stay steady through out the summer?
what is your turn around time?
and how many can you crank out a day?
if a customer asks for asap service, like next day can you handle that and is it a up charge?
dave

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ken,

When I grow up I wanna be just like you.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Jon- when I was doing yoga I could reach but now I have to have others do it.

Dave- we're at 717 as of 5:30. All our drop off centers close at 6 so probably wont have more than a couple more if that. Tomorrow 3 are open for 5-7 hours so we'll hopefully hit 750, but not looking real good for that- probably more like 735. Tomorrow is more of a retail day for us.

For cleaing our turnaround is about a week, a couple days longer if outer location drop off center. We can accomodate 1-2 day turnaround if needed for someone who brings to our Rug Care Spa directly which is still our largest drop off center. We also offer lots of additional services that can add time i.e. specialty stain removal/color repair and any type of repair & restoration.

On wash days we can wash 200-300 or so depending on size.

ken

Ron K

So big deal you have 700 minutes of work! 1400 if you put the machine on SLOW. !gotcha!

DavidVB

Ken - It's good to hear for all of us that spring is here.

Randy - It's nice to know you are still thinking about me.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I'm no Ken Snow .. We're right around 240 rugs this month 600 a week not gona happen here.... 5 minute a pop ..yikees! is that the same for WW?

Dave, At connections i was looking at the centrifuge and Clark Lancaster started talking to me i don't think he knew who i was at that point? Anyway, he starts telling me how you're doing 25-30 a day 5 days a week .. 500-600 rugs a month in your 2 car garage ..care to elaborate?

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
good work takes time. Personally I dont care what machine you have my eye, see 's more where i can concentrate on. For me they pay more . also Quality not quantity. Big Factor here. To me rug cleaning is about cleaning not #s sorry big wigs.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I saw some pretty amazing results when I was at the Hagopian plant last month, especially for "Hacked Out" rugs... what's the big deal anyway seems they're getting cleaned just about the same, just faster due to machinery and automation...

DavidVB

I think anyone would know that there is no way I could do 25 - 30 a day. I'll ask Clark what he remembers next week. I suspect that he either misspoke or you didn't hear right. I would ask why would anyone have a small shop if he had that volume?

My small shop is working out very well at this time. I'm enjoying doing what I do and I'm very happy with the decision to get the centrifuge.

I visited a Moore plant in southern Florida a couple weeks ago. They do a lot of wash & rinse work on the floor before running them through the Moore. Their work is really good and they are running a high volume. They're charging a good dollar also. Good work and good profit. A nice concept.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
DavidVB said:
I visited a Moore plant in southern Florida a couple weeks ago. They do a lot of wash & rinse work on the floor before running them through the Moore. Their work is really good and they are running a high volume. They're charging a good dollar also. Good work and good profit. A nice concept.

Are you speaking of Dry Concepts?

I've also met the owner and got the grand tour, impressive system they have in place.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Every plant with a Moore that I have seen has a prewash floor adjacent to it. Rugs are precleaned before being fed through system. This can take 1-5 minutes a rug (with 1-5 being done at a time depending on size of the moore and the pre-wash floor) then they are fed into Moore and the next set are started.

DavidVB

Ken,

If you ever start producing high quality work, then maybe your business will grow :D :D :D .

rhyde

Name
rhyde
congratulations Ken!

Quality and business growth are not mutually exclusive

Stanley steamer, chem-dry to name a few

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
phrases I will relinquish from my vocabulary

"Poor Ken Snow"