Over marketing to your client base.

Becker

Name
Becker
Is there such a thing?

I think there is.

There is a company here in the local area, the company has been around for many years.

Every once in a while I have a client that tells me they have used this company in the past. Sometimes, one time, sometime repeat.

But for what every reason they called me.

Many of them have told me they were happy with the work, but were sick and tired of the constant non stop marketing.

By mail, email and telephone.

Reminder type cards, referall requests, news letters, and on and on.

What do you think? Can a client be driven away by to much marketing?

A. wilson

I think you CAN over-do it. It is tough though to find the middle ground in staying in front of your custy's and pestering the stew out of them.

If any of us are doing as good of a job as we should be, the customer should not be very likely to want to go elsewhere. I think that's why quarterly newsletters and "give-away" spotter bottles are a low profile way to stay in contact without feeling pushy. It has worked well for me so far.

Becker

Name
Becker
Yes, Pushy. That is the word a couple of them used.

So it might not have been as much the marketing, but the content. And of course the phone calls.

No one like to be telemarketed.

I have had clients use Coit in the fast, but never again. Reason. Because often time they spent more time trying to sell more than the job they were called out to do.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Phone call marketing in today's world is a customer killer IMO. Bottle of spotter and a monthly postcard seems about right to me. Becker, I'm too lazy to do a newsletter.

Name
BradFenstermaker
The best is the leave behind items. Did a job today who used a gift left behind from June 06 to find us.

Brad

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I contact all of my customers at least every six months to
see if they need a (TOUCH UP). This makes it look less pushy.

All The Best, Rob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom