Parkay floor restoration

Spender247

Name
Simon
Hey guys first post here on the board, I'm trying to find some info on doing a deep scrub on some 15yr old parkay flooring. It's been about a year since they have had it done. Fyi this is in a pub so it's pretty rough.

I'm fine on the equipment side of things... 175 some pads a wet vac etc... But my main concern is the finish and the actually Cleaning products for that type of floor. Needs to be long lasting and does not require a burnishing.

Thanks in advance guys

Spender247

Name
Simon
Still has some layers of wax. It was "maintaned" up to about a year ago. I'm trying to avoid the sanding...

My plan is to strip then reseal then finish.

I did a test patch with some neutral detergent and a blue pad on my drill and it barely did anything. I feel like a brush would be the way to go though?

Spender247

Name
Simon
Now that I think about it, he said he applied urethane fortified finish with 20% solids

Is this a whole different ball game then?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I am still not sure what you want to accomplish. Are you going to strip to bare wood, stain and refinish? Or are you just wanting to clean it?

Spender247

Name
Simon
I want to try and clean it first...

Then if need be strip any finish off and then lay new finish

Spender247

Name
Simon
I've read way to many mixed write ups about restoring wood floors.

I understand if the floors have lots of scratches down into the wood and are beat up that they should probably be sanded or screened, however if the wood floors have layers of urethane fortified finish on it won't a good stripper remove the worn out look?

I should have done a test patch with different strippers...

So can't I just strip that old finish scrub what I assume would be bare wood the relay some metal interlock finish down?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom