PC Aqua Helix Extraction Tool

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Anybody use one of these yet? I was thinking about one today as I stood on my large water claw, one section at a time. The claw works well, and I used it many times this weekend for broken, frozen pipe floods. The Helix doesn't seem like it would work on a short, commercial grade padded carpet. In fact, with out any weight on it, how does it extract from the padding?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
yeah, i used one a couple of weeks ago with my Vortex.

It worked really good but it was hard to drag accross the floor.

At a retail cost of nearly $1000 i would be tempted to keep saving for one of these.

PhoenixHydro-XXtremeXtractor.jpg

Name
Steve Lawrence
Power is for the motor for this self powered flood extraction tool. You stand on it and drive it around. It steers with the handle. Variable speed control--very cool tool.

Reactions: Mardie

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have the extreme extractor w/ vac pac, no TM needed. Used it on a job we are working on right now, over 1000 sqft of carpet, didn't miss the water claw at all.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I bought a Xtreme extractor with a vac pack for $3500 from a guy in IL that got into the business and went out with in a year. My guys love it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Rover is faster, easier to maneuver with toggle switch, thats why they like it. Extraction? I think the consensus has been the Extreme Extractor removes more.

Personally I have to agree with my techs I prefer the ease of operation to more water per pass.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Richard, did you guys test the extreme extractor w/ vac pac compared to the rover connected to the truckmount? I haven't done the test, I just use the EE w/ VacPac on larger jobs and or the ones I can reel it in. If I had a large box I would carry the Rover if it did better when hooked up to a TM.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We don't own the Vacpac but they test rated the highest in The Wet Test for highest level of extraction for the most moisture removed. Good tool for many applications.

While I can see its value on commercial work, its a little too noisy to have that setu right on top of you. We prefer the TM's to the point of 300 ft past that we unload the Flood Kings and use them pumping into a toilet or mop sink. They operate well with a scrub wand or the Rovers.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If you use the Water Claw, Rover, or Extreme Extractor first you don't have to do a "final suck". Those tools with get water out of the pad the first time, as they're sub-surface extraction tools. Structural drying will do the rest.

Reactions: tmdry and Mardie

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Richard which extraxtion tool would you say works best for the final suck to get the pad as dry as possible.
With the Rover there is no need for a final extraction. That's what is so great about the ride on tools, you just watch the pickup tube and drive until you don't see any water coming up.

JimonaRover.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
If you use the Water Claw, Rover, or Extreme Extractor first you don't have to do a "final suck". Those tools with get water out of the pad the first time, as they're sub-surface extraction tools. Structural drying will do the rest.

I still vac the surface of the carpet with the wand after water clawing. The claw pulls it up from the pad, but seems to leave the top fibers wet. How long are you leaving the claw in one spot? It can draw water for 5 minutes if you leave it in one spot.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's always a good idea Robert. With any compression tool, after you're done, take one final swipe with a scrub wand. You'll get what ever moisture has risen to the top.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
We don't own the Vacpac but they test rated the highest in The Wet Test for highest level of extraction for the most moisture removed. Good tool for many applications.

That is one of the most repeated myths in the industry. Thefact is that the Vac-Pac (a great tool by the way) out preformed other portableextraction equipment but performed similar to the truckmounts used in the test.A white Magic 1700 direct drive and a Prochem Everest truckmounts were used,each with 100 feet of 2" vacuum hose.
It is also important to note that the size and length of thevacuum hoses used, had a significant effect on the results of the test, asnoted in the study. A well balanced truckmount using 100 feet of 2 1/2 " vacuum hose would have improvedthe water extraction capabilities of the EE substantially.
The weight of the Vac-Pac itself (75 lbs) is another reasonfor more water extraction. If 75 lbs were added to the EE attached to thetruckmount, more water would also be extracted.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm good with that, it's a good tool.

However I'm going to use a TM right up until it's foolish to run an extended length then I'm going to pump it with a flood pumper.

Before the Xtreme Xtractor and before the Rover, we used the Leech from Canada.

IMG_6663_zps7741933e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I still vac the surface of the carpet with the wand after water clawing. The claw pulls it up from the pad, but seems to leave the top fibers wet. How long are you leaving the claw in one spot? It can draw water for 5 minutes if you leave it in one spot.

R-Dub - I usually do a 5-7 sec count and move along with the claw and that seems to work well.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Nice, does it have a release and have you noticed any major tugging of the carpet?

wut up Doc!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No release as in a vacuum break and no tugging that I've seen. We like the modern design, the heavy duty construction, yet light weight. It does great on saturated carpet and pad. great to tight areas closets and bathrooms. It can struggle when only the pad is wet but not the carpet, but as my brother said you know what it has trouble on, use it for what works best.

Reactions: GCCLee

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

Doesnt matter what tool you use( the extreme extractour pulls more out of pad) multiple passes are almost always suggested. You need to run over the area and then squeeze pad to check how much water was left, after first pass just do the same amount of passes over all areas.

If you want to make more money don't make multiple passes and it will take longer for it to dry.

Back
Top Bottom