PEOPLE WHO DICTATE TO YOU

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Ever came across a commercial "Client" who tells you you need to drag 400 feet of hose down this hallway on the third floor. And then you need to drag it down this stairway and then down here and across this and that?

I tell him meekly, "But sir I have systems that are portable and don't need to use my TM".

BUT HE WILL HAVE NOTHING OF IT!

I WANT YOU TO DRAG YOUR HOSES!

DO YOU HEAR ME?

I say, yes sir.

AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I HAVE A RAGE INSIDE OF ME!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'M KOO KOO FOR COCO PUFFS!

Name
Bruce
I get a few of those from time to time, the one's I love the most are "the last carpet guy couldn't get that spot out so I know you wont be able to" .

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
That is why they are the CUSTOMER :-)

Personally I would rather run 400ft of hose than deal with a portapoop machine. Always took me less time to set up and productivity was double or better.

Clark

It's OK with me. I just raise the price.

I'm sorry, Sir, I quoted 30 cent for my Porty. TM work is 40 cents. That's when I go to packing up. He will either kiss my ass or pay up.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Commercial clients don't get to dictate cleaning methodology. I am the expert and I will determine what is best. In seven years I had one guy insist on a TM - I referred him elsewhere. Admittedly, I'm an owner-operator and all I need to do is keep myself busy. Maybe I'd be more flexible if I was running crews.

If you're not on the first floor and if you don't have easy access I'll be damned if I'm pulling hoses.

John G

Jimmy your years of having a big mouth are catching up to you is all.

What were you going to do? Shampoo it or something?

What goes around comes around.... LOL

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Jeff~ haven't you ever responded to an RFP? Not only will they sometimes dictate the method, but in some cases the minimum equipment specs, chemicals, times of day, day of week etc.

Again, that's why I said they are the customer and sure we all can choose to work for them or not. In my 30 years I don't know that more than a dozen ever insisted on a method, but I did mean that personally I would rather run hose than use a portable if I have the choice.

Ken
Ps while I am no longer cleaning carpet personally I did almost all of our commercial work when I was on the road and always chose TM over portable if I had the option.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ken:
Jimmy was talking about encap. cleaning with one of Clark's OP machines. Not much set up time required with one of those.

If you'd get your business out of the 70's and into the 21st Century, you'd know that.

Sheese.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL Marty~ maybe I misread his use of the term portable. BTW we were doing encap and bonnet cleaning before you were born, my friend. We didn't offer extraction cleaning till the 70's.

Name
Jesse
Last weekend we did our quarterly of one of our largest accounts. After thoroughly pre vacuuming 37,000 feet of call center gcd the security guard told us we couldn't leave the doors open for the hoses and we'll have to come back next week when there's another guard on site. After 30 minutes over the phone with his supervisor we finally got to clean. Even 2 hours after we started extracting the idiot kept telling me that we were "ok to proceed cleaning for right now".

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty was right about the definition of "Portable" equipment.

It could be a buffer/OP/PortableHWE etc. something you plug in an outlet.

I guess being dictated to by a customer has no bearing on those snobby high end type cleaners who rarely see inside a commercial building.

They prefer dealing with Mrs. Piffleton who watches your every move to see that you don't steal or perhaps scratch her wood floors.You know the type that will rave about how good your cleaning is.That is till you get home and get that non confrontational phone call that tells you that you missed a spot. Or the good one who calls the next day and says her dog crapped on her clean carpet.And can you come back out and suck it up?
But balks at why she has to pay a minimum service charge.

Commercial work has such an attraction because you are alone and can talk to yourself without interruption from your wife . And letting off a personal essense of a fart can leave you smiling and perhaps a giggle.

diamond brian

I know that Mrs. Piffleton. Very well off.

She balked at $50 for spotting and extracting an area with a dozen or so makeup spots.

We had to move her heavy king-size poster bed to re-stretch her carpet. Got an e-mail that evening telling me it was unprofessional not to make her bed after we put it back!

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Jimmy Ladwig! said:
Commercial work has such an attraction because you are alone and can talk to yourself without interruption from your wife . And letting off a personal essense of a fart can leave you smiling and perhaps a giggle.

This sums up the joy of commercial cleaning perfectly!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
It has been a long time since I had a good "giggle". I'll have to remember that next time I rip a long, private one off. Pause- reflect- giggle- nostalgic smile. Got it.

Island Boy

PS We extraction cleaned for some of our monthly commercial clients for 15 years and even so they would say with a bit of surprise, "OH, time to shampoo the carpet again?" Most people could care less HOW you clean their Establishment

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Greenie needs to go down to area fifty-one and invent some WIFI carpet cleaning blue tooth enabled wands that teleport the waste into the tank. Imagine cordless carpet cleaning! If anybody can do it, it's Greenie.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
cordless c.c. (good grief)

cordless carpet cleaning are you guys smokin toads ass or what and too the guys up top you all needs too read the HAGOPAIN link and see what what rotary and steam cleaning history is all about cuz your site dont look sheeeeet like the purple guy

steve r

more like jetsons era.

they call us

we come out

push a button

carpet flips over

we collect

Back
Top Bottom