~Peroxide~

lets see a show of hands.

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Would you like to have a informal class here one night on the how's and why's of liquid Peroxide use?

I see lots of confusion here about all the 10, 20 30 40 volume talk.

Perhaps I could persuade Professor Pemberton to pontificate on the proper procedures and placement of professional peroxide protocol.

G

I agree Mikey; Got a job next week to repair a stain removal job gone bad by competitor; he used peroxide AND ammonia and simply took all pegiment from pile; lady is a monthly custy; so gotta help her out; gonna die it for her and color match.

Mikey P

Administrator
rjfdube said:
I agree Mikey; Got a job next week to repair a stain removal job gone bad by competitor; he used peroxide AND ammonia and simply took all pegiment from pile; lady is a monthly custy; so gotta help her out; gonna die it for her and color match.

Most likely happened in the traffic lane/sun exposed area on a non solution dyed nylon.

Name
I'm Rick James
Peroxide is used to bleach human hair when mixed with ammonia too, guessing its the same with carpet.

harryhides

Name
Tony
rjfdube said:

No mention of what strength of Peroxide here. I've used Peroxide for 15 yrs - never had a problem.

Reactions: SamIam

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I think it would be great also, youse guys are over they place with this stuff, some of you mix it up 50/50 with ammonia, some of you say don't mix, just have each in sep. bottle, some say spray and forget it, some say use steam. Some swear by 20%, 30%, 40%, it's no wonder there is some confusion. Would be nice to have a renowned professor to address this pressing issue.

Kevin

rjfdube said:

Why did a local competitor do a job for a monthly customer of yours?

Reactions: SamIam

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I think Ron might have confused bleach and peroxide

I am always willing to learn something from Jim.

I had a hard time removing a red felt marker the other day, I know sounds pretty easy doesn't it. Put stain magic on it then followed up with the ink remover. It got most of it up but the red dye spot remained.

Took the one part red remover (got it free from Craig Jasper the other day @ the CTI demo day) and a steamer on it and it didn't move it. Sprayed it with 30 vol then the one part red remover and put the steamer back on it and that removed/made it disappear. Still gone the next day so I assume it is gone for good.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i am looking forward to it as long as it is in language that can be understood..sometimes guys get way to technical and go overboard.
i will have my guys look at this one as well.
thanks
dave

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think it would be even better to also talk about the use of powdered peroxide or sodium p if you will, to me its more convient to use, shelf life is no issue, I can mix it in varying strengths, and its cheap, however most suppliers don't wanna talk about it in particular because the product is actually labeled for different uses by the chemical makers, so they can sell it at a high profit margin, if you don't understand peroxide you are not able to provide the best possible job to your customer bottom line!!!! not saying I totally understand it, I always wanna learn more, the only thing I don't like about sodium p is its inability to dissolve.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Great idea.

I think it would help save a lot of stuff-ups if more people knew what they were doing.

Ooroo,

:roll:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mikey P said:
Would you like to have a informal class here one night on the how's and why's of liquid Peroxide use?

Is this the same guy who also posted something about supporting the suppliers who support the board?

Are you selling a banner ad to Sally's Beauty Supply?

Scott Warrington

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, good for you two, but that little exchange just made ME less likely to give either of you a shot at my business.

I was going to go for your spotter on the advice of Jim Martin, but not now.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
admiralclean said:
Well, good for you two, but that little exchange just made ME less likely to give either of you a shot at my business.

I was going to go for your spotter on the advice of Jim Martin, but not now.

I'm glad that I don't work on commission.

Scott Warrington

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Marty you never by from me anyway. :p and besides as much as crap as I give Scott I needed to give him some praise.

Now suck it up and order the Baby Blue.

hogjowl

Idiot™
What the two of you are trying to do is precisely what I feared would happen when Bucket Head started accepting advertising dollars. You guys are attempting to exert influence on Mikey to NOT help the cleaners here (who are the heart of this board) better themselves and their services because you see a possible decrease in sales of your products.

Shame on you two, and shame on Bucket Boy if he bends under the pressure.

-JB-

Name
JB
Sorry guys gotta side w/Porky on this one.

I know ya don't give a shit, but for what it's worth anyway. :roll:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Porky you was being serious huh? well first off i'm not a fan of home chemistry second i' having a bit of fun with Scott so give me a break. I will take your concerns into consideration before posting so I do n't upset you marty. I still don't like the idea of 40vol peroxide.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
First things first. If you are going into the amateur chemical manufacturing business, you got to have your ducks in a row.

Maybe we should first have a workshop on making up your own MSDS sheets for homebrew concoctions. And a presentation of the ins and outs of liability insurance procurement for unlabeled mixtures.

Who can we get to do that? Hmmm....Give me, Scott, & John some time to put our heads together and work on it. I'm sure we can come up with something that won't be too terribly illegal.

Mikey P

Administrator
I love the fact that Cobb sells pure peroxide at Sally's prices.
I've busted Greenie and Les' balls to do the same.

I think Jon Don, BridgePoint, Olsen and even Forsythe should sell the stuff too.

Right off the shelf, right next to the Fels.

Home chemistry
my ass. If you will sell me two part Satin Magic you better damn well better sell me some 40Vol and Ammonia.

Now how about if Scott, Shawn, John, Cobb and Jim P all get together and do a written presentation on how this audience can safely use the stuff.

Just because you care and not because you can make a profit.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:

Perhaps I could persuade Professor Pemberton to pontificate on the proper procedures and placement of professional peroxide protocol.

He could pace this pathetic poluca with a powerful, paralizing, Perfect, pacadermous, Percussion pitch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom