Pet stains / odor

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Would you tell a customer on the phone that you can get pet stains/odor out without seeing the job?

For some reason I get calls all the time and the customer thinks that pet stains and odor can be fixed with standard carpet cleaning.

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you find that people who let their pets use the house as a toilet have a hard time comprehending gravity and its effects on liquid?

"The last guy sprayed enzymes on the spots and made it all go away..."

Trying to explain the nonsense logic behind that usually just pisses them off.

Stick with " I'll use my __ years of experience to do my best"..

In reality, anything is better and good enough

Unless it wicks, then you're screwed.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Would you tell a customer on the phone that you can get pet stains/odor out without seeing the job?

For some reason I get calls all the time and the customer thinks that pet stains and odor can be fixed with standard carpet cleaning.

I insist on inspecting every job before pricing. "Asking for a blind opinion is a bit like calling your mechanic and asking how much to fix a blue car with four wheels and an odd noise."

"People who toss out phone prices set them where they can't lose. Does that sound fair for you?"

"Of COURSE the quote is free! I'm applying for a job!"

Lookyloos need not apply...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just tell them when you get there that when they walk on their carpet in their bare feet...............and they climb into bed...........what a freaking petry dish of URINE........BACTERIA.......FILTH........TURD RESIDUES........ETC they are SLEEPING WITH!

AND THOSE OF YOU WHO ALLOW THESE ANIMALS TO SLEEP IN YOUR BED WITH YOU................WHAT THIRD WORLD COUNTRY DO YOU COME FROM? DISGUSTING!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Yes!
Ms smith we have all sorts of products to help pet issues.

Ron K

Just tell them when you get there that when they walk on their carpet in their bare feet...............and they climb into bed...........what a freaking petry dish of URINE........BACTERIA.......FILTH........TURD RESIDUES........ETC they are SLEEPING WITH!

AND THOSE OF YOU WHO ALLOW THESE ANIMALS TO SLEEP IN YOUR BED WITH YOU................WHAT THIRD WORLD COUNTRY DO YOU COME FROM? DISGUSTING!
So you you use a 45cal for all your urine spots? I heard of a study where there is more fecal matter on your cell phone than in a rest room. I do love my Mojo and Cheech and Chong but they don't sleep with me.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But you do walk around barefoot and then you carry that FILTH into bed.
And don't tell me they don't pittle on your floor.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If there is an overlooked issue in today's customers' attitudes toward pet ownership is that they have been transferred from pets to family members.

Jimmy's diatribe notwithstanding, they do let their animals sleep with them; have you seen the ads for portable stairways so that older or small dogs can more easily access their bed? And what about today's pet stores? They aren't so much pet purchasing places as they are grocery and toy store for pets.

What all of this means is this:

Pet odor removal services are more in demand than ever.

Pet owners have transformed from those who put animals "to sleep" when age brings on incontinence to now paying high vet bills and if needed will ultimately tolerate odors and stains.

The old industry mantra of "we can only guarantee odor removal of you get rid of the pet" will get you thrown out of the house today. Unless you are working for a landlord or real estate representative, such comments will only infuriate a person who defines a pet as a "fur baby"

Find ways to help your customer and their four legged child to live together happily as your approach, and you will have a customer for life.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I didn't say I agreed with the view that felines and canines are four legged humans with challenged vocal skills Marty.

My only pets have scales.

My observations are simply informed customer service/marketing thoughts to those who will find such issues more and more a part of their cleaning experience.

Mikey P

Administrator
Pet owners have transformed from those who put animals "to sleep" when age brings on incontinence to now paying high vet bills and if needed will ultimately tolerate odors and stains.

My wife has an appointment to take our blind deaf 14 year old flufflumps in to have Marty's wart removed from it's ear and to have it's three teeth polished. All under anesthesia.

I bet that will cost more than most people spend yearly on carpet cleaning.
and the average yearly income of a Zimbabwean family.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Well...I have stairs leading to my bed for my 3 dogs that sleep with me.
I take showers, clean my sheets and don't smell like a bacterial breeding ground lol.
I have no carpet in my house though.
Because I have pets that are very dear to me, I understand exactly how my customers feel. So I try to make their homes as clean as possible, but never ever promise it will be completely free of whatever issues there are.
I will seal sub-floors, replace pad, OSR and claw, whatever it takes. But always....my goal is to make the customer happy and able to keep their pets while also being realistic.
I have customers who call me every two or three months to clean because they have a beloved pet that just won't stop. I give them what they pay me for.

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Do you find that people who let their pets use the house as a toilet have a hard time comprehending gravity and its effects on liquid?

They go read on the internet that Enzyme spray will fix everything, so they think you can come and put down a little enzyme and fix all the pee in the 50 places Fefe has left her mark.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Sadly, for some people that's enough..they don't even realize how bad it smells because they are used to it. It's up to you to educate them and show them how bad it is. And if they want to pay you just handle it.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This one was eye-watering. 6 cats and they had splattered on everything in the house, including the phone. I used ZymeAway multi enzyme, then some normal carpet detergent with a dose of bacteriocide added. The lady was totally nose-blind to the smell, but at the end she tearfully said she felt like I'd given her her life back.
Poor thing had been overwhelmed; momma got the cancer and died, sister the same and she the caregiver for both while trying to hold her job. Three straight years of Hell.

I hope she is doing better now.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i tell them i can remove most but not all stains, which is true. most take it in stride. odor is a different problem. i always prequalify them and then treat with odorcide added to my prespray and run through my rinse if extreme. most of the time i can't smell it with my nose at the carpet when done.

Name
Nate W.
View attachment 14327
View attachment 14328

This one was eye-watering. 6 cats and they had splattered on everything in the house, including the phone. I used ZymeAway multi enzyme, then some normal carpet detergent with a dose of bacteriocide added. The lady was totally nose-blind to the smell, but at the end she tearfully said she felt like I'd given her her life back.
Poor thing had been overwhelmed; momma got the cancer and died, sister the same and she the caregiver for both while trying to hold her job. Three straight years of Hell.

I hope she is doing better now.

You think 6 is bad, I have a lady who had up to 12..... They stay in her master bedroom and eat better then most people.... They are fed fresh Sashimi and other stuff..... Oh make sure you barricade the door and don't let the cats out..... Super nice blunt older lady who never had kids but treat her cats like the kids she never had..... Cat house party's every Sunday with her friends and their cats coming over.....

This lady isn't poor and has house keepers vacuuming and cleaning everyday.... I believe pets should be outside, but I understand I live where it doesn't get cold...

Able 1

Name
Keith
I don't know what the big deal is.. Clean like normal and spray a little enzyme down, odor gone! :icon_razz: Did this one today..:eekk:
1462203604931.jpg
1462203740978.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom