phoenix dehus way way off on specs!!!!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I post this here because it will get more views and most CC guys do have a little bit to do with WD work at some points in their lives, a couple weeks ago I bought a used drieaz 2000 LGR, the first job I set it on was a fairly typcial loss, however I noticed it substantially dryer than I thought it would normally be given the time and conditions. keep in mind I have been using phoenix 200 Max's as my front line dehu for the last few years. anyways today proved what I had been thinking both dehus setup in the same room proved the tale, room conditions where 82 degrees 30% RH for a GPP of 49. drieaz lgr 2000 output 100/11.2 for a GPP of 32.25, the phoenix model output was 103/11 for a GPP of 35, doesn't sound like much of a difference well it is considering the drieaz is putting out 320 CFM vs 265 for the phoenix. the drieaz is kicking out 20% more air that is dryer to boot!!!!!!!! the drieaz is rated at 110 P/day AHAM the phoenix is 130 p/day AHAM. I am starting to think these specs are pulled out of someone's butt. the drieaz stomps the phoenix unit so bad. I don't see myself buying another phoenix unit again, I don't like lieing about ratings. xactimate just lowered the rental price for the drieaz 2000's to 71/day since phoenix lied about its ratings they still pay 104/day, so I get less money for dehu that performs better, wonder if drieaz sells just the 2400 LGR stickers by themselves, so I can make all my 2000's into 2400's.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steve if you think the 2000 is nice come check out the 2800i. There will be an in store CAD discount too :)

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Thanks Steve, that is good information and why I read the boards, good feed back from guys in the field.
Other considerations are:
the max has less amp draw
is $300 to $400 less expensive
has a far better air filter system

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I am going to retest the equipment tomorrow and will post the results because I know there will be people that try to say oh the compressor was cycling etc. so maybe it should be he phoenix 150 instead of 200max

steve g

Name
steve garrett
ok tested both machines today, the room was 86.2/24.5 46 GPP drieaz was putting out 102/10 30.5 GPP the phoenix put out 106/8.6 29.5GPP ever so slightly dryer air, however don't let that fool you for a minute the drieaz unit is pumping out 20% more CFM thus its essentially pulling 20% more humidity out of the air. I will take the 20% any day, I emailed phoenix to see what their comment to this was, I will post what they say if they even respond. so far with that said I think the actual AHAM rating for the phoenix when compared to drieaz's ratings should be about 90 pints/day basically the ratings are being exaggerated by right at and exactly 33% ummm wonder why that is, maybe there was a method to their ratings lie by exactly 1/3rd

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom