"PIC" of the "Quick Change Sliders" Fina

Name
Jesse
In reference to the 3 slotted versions, wouldn't the one that provides agitation be better than the other similar slotted units? It can't really be enough to cause pile distortion could it?

G

Out Of Character said:
In reference to the 3 slotted versions, wouldn't the one that provides agitation be better than the other similar slotted units? It can't really be enough to cause pile distortion could it?

The Wash Board Slide with the two grooves, one in front and one behind the slot, will agitate the carpet like no wand ever could. This Slide is not for the meek!

The standard Agitator Slide mimicks the normal end of the wand, (1/4 in. radius) but with the inside of the slot, having only an edge break of about 1/32 in. , this is mostly where some serious agitation takes place.

Hope this helps, Cheers, AL

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Al;

Since the "sliders" are priced differently,

does that imply that some are not teflon ??

How does the "link" attach to the stainless wand ??

Larry Cobb

dgargan

Why can another company come out with new glides when Greenie is still fighting to keep his on the market? Or did all that get resolved?

Name
steve snail
If the wash board slide is made of teflon, one might expect the life span to be considerably less than one year. eh?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Kind of expensive after buying the link.

Seems kind of redundant to have to buy 2 separate pieces or possibly 3 or more for different situations.

G

SRI Cleaning said:
Is it still easier than scrubbing with An unglided wand?

All "Slides" Slide across the carpet easier than an unglided wand, except
the Wash Board Slide! ( that's a bit of a work-out )

G

Larry Cobb said:
Al;

Since the "sliders" are priced differently,

does that imply that some are not teflon ??

How does the "link" attach to the stainless wand ??

Larry Cobb

The "Slides" that don't say Teflon,. Are made of Delrin.

The Link is attached by "4" Stainless steel set screws, with points that that land on the back side of the radius, and pull the "link" tight, when tightened !

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Does the link need a gasket or other material to prevent air leaks?

Also, Shouldn't this posting be in the marketing area?

Scott

Mr. Slide said:
[quote="SRI Cleaning":32eaecn3]Is it still easier than scrubbing with An unglided wand?

All "Slides" Slide across the carpet easier than an unglided wand, except
the Wash Board Slide! ( that's a bit of a work-out )[/quote:32eaecn3]

Is the "washboard" like the "Dragon's Tooth"?

Scott

Bob Foster

It would be really nice to try and stay constructive and positive towards Al's first effort on getting this out.

The information he is putting forward here is as much for your input to improve it so ultimately it might be a better tool for all us guys to use.

This is something new and different and even though he has just barely begun to sell some units this post is much more of a "look here is something new and innovative" post.

I am sure Al will get around to putting up an advert in the suppliers room when he gets a chance.

I think the Slider has some real interesting possibilities and I am sure Al could use your input.

G

Dave Yoakum said:
Does the link need a gasket or other material to prevent air leaks?

Also, Shouldn't this posting be in the marketing area?

No Gasket needed, And sure I plan on paying to put it in the marketing forum soon.

G

Bob Foster said:
It would be really nice to try and stay constructive and positive towards Al's first effort on getting this out.

The information he is putting forward here is as much for your input to improve it so ultimately it might be a better tool for all us guys to use.

This is something new and different and even though he has just barely begun to sell some units this post is much more of a "look here is something new and innovative" post.

I am sure Al will get around to putting up an advert in the suppliers room when he gets a chance.

I think the Slider has some real interesting possibilities and I am sure Al could use your input.

Thanks once again Bob, It's a new invention I feel will really help the professional carpet cleaner adapt to the different types of carpet he or she cleans every day; I sure have been enjoying being able to change the end of my wand at every job I do! I originally planed on just making one for myself, but found that the many different styles of slides were such a joy using, I knew in my heart that others would really enjoy them too.
I feel that the "Slider" is a 10 speed, and the "Glide" a bicycle.
Please don't think I'm tryin to lift myself up, I not.
Can I be sued? Sure anyone could, but I feel the differences between the "Glide" & the "Slide" are very big; with very different purposes.
I send my sincere regrets to "GG" and hope one day there would be something I could do to help.

Best Wishes to all , Sincerely , AL

G

Don't know yet, I'm a night supervisor in a small machine shop;
At best, I could get Saturday & Sunday off ?

John Watson

If you cant make it, I am sure some one would represent you and have a wand for them to fit on so the attendees can try out your 10 speed and different slides, Me, hell I'm still trying to learn to ride my unicycle.

But, even a Saturday show up would be great, Fest is over Sat night.

I guarantee you to get truth full evaluations and wide verity of cleaners to try out your new invention.

Greenie

I like the round models, don't care for the square or flat bottom models.

I was wonderin' if some glides are harder to push than a naked wand, why buy the glide? Ease of use was always our #1 selling point.

To be helpful, we had some delrin models in the early days (actually several different polymers) and we quickly got away from delrin cause it damaged some carpet when it got scratched, we didn't stay with teflon cause it was a bargain, it was just better.

So if this saves you a claim or two, I've done my work to help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom