Please compare sprayers

Frank P.

Could you compare the battery operated Multisprayer, (they have 2, one with cigarette lighter charger & a longer lasting unit vs the Hydro Force Dewalt powered sprayer? Would you opt for the battery unit or would you go with the corded unit for less money?

Frank P.

F

FB7777

Battery unit hands down

It would be too inconvenient to plug and re-plug in the unit just to spray protector.

You'd have to get an extension cord for some circumstances with the corded unit.

It would be just another wire on the floor during cleaning for me.

I think a battery unit looks more impressive as well.

Scottie

I have been looking into the same thing and I think I am going with the corded unit. I have been through too many battery operated tools. KISS is usually better.

Rex Tyus

I agree with freddyb. Mine is the omni sprayer from interlink. Perfect for protector.

Rex

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
battery powered, love my MultiSprayer that plugs into the utility port on the van.

my cousin has the corded and he never uses it.

thanx --- Derek.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I have the multisprayer that charges with the lighter. I have had battery problems but I still like it. I have not used the sprayer with the DeWalt battery. That could be a good way to go, especially if you have a few extra batteries on hand for when it starts to slow down. I would like to know how long the battery will last on a full charge with that unit.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've never had a corded and don't want one. I got a battery powered one from Hardball and love it. Great price too! The main problem I've heard of with these are the power switch. It seems to fall off of a few.

The Preacher

i picked up a corded multi sprayer for $100 from a local cleaner. i had the blue square one from Hardball, it went through 2 pumps. Mike sent me one at no charge after the other went i tossed it.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Dirk, mine broke off a couple months back. just last week i called the 800# on the back of my M.S. and spoke with the Manu...nice fella. he mailed me a replacement switch and i replaced it last night, was easy.

low cost replacement batteries:

i saved this link from someone on ICS (dunno if it is really the same batt...search ICS):

thanx --- Derek

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Chris Muetterties said:
I was told by an Distributor that the Dewalt sprayers have major return rates

Chris is correct - in part. The HydroForce sprayers with Dewalt batteries actually had very few returns or problems.

The independent Interlink distributors wanted a battery operated sprayer with many features that were not available on the Hydroforce models or the Multisprayer.

Our product engineers came up with the OmniPro sprayer. It had great features to protect the pump and electrical system from drips; the handle to roll it around like carry-on luggage, and other advantages. However, there was a problem with the charging system. There were a lot of returns on this model.

The problem has been fixed. A retrofit upgrade to the charging system has been made available.

Still not selling a lot of OmniPros due to the bad word-of-mouth about the charging problem. It is fixed. We hope to sell a lot more. Maybe a sale coming soon. I think the OmniPro is now a great battery operated sprayer.

Scott Warrington

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I say use neither, just put quick connect on the end of your spray wand on your standard hydro-force sprayer, this way you can change out to smaller jets to slow down the chemical, no batteries, pumps, or other misc crap that can break

Frank P.

Omni sprayer

How long does the new Omni Sprayer take to charge Scott? What will the sale price be?

Frank P.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You can get a better toggle switch at Lowes for the battery multisprayer for $4.

The battery you get at Battery Patrol for $25.

I would be lost without my multisprayer!

FastEddie

I've used my Multi-sprayer cordless for over 3 years now and not one problem. I haven't even rinsed it out. I think that liquid Procyon is very friendly to the pump.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Re: Omni sprayer

Frank P. said:
How long does the new Omni Sprayer take to charge Scott? What will the sale price be?

Frank P.

The original charge will take about 12 hours. If fully depleted, the battery will take 12 hours to charge up. What many users do is charge off the van battery between jobs. For most residential jobs, you can get a full day's use on one charge and even a long day's use with a mini-charge in the van between jobs.

Or you can simple charge it overnight and always have it ready for the next day.

There is no official sale that I am aware of. There will be incentives to sales people to sell the OmniPro next month. Some distributors may be inclined to negotiate the price.

Scott Warrington

Frank P.

sprayers

12 hours is ridiculous. If you plug it into your lighter to charge it after every job you will develop a set to the charge and therefore loose the amount of charge the battery will charge to. In not too long the battery will not hold enough charge to run it for 1 job. Ni Cad's are the worst. Let them fully discharge then charge them.

Who wants to drag the thing into the office or house to recharge it overnight. Give me a charger that will recharge the battery in less than an hour and you have something. Better yet make it lithium ion and you have a good sprayer.

Frank P.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"If you plug it into your lighter to charge it after every job you will develop a set to the charge and therefore loose the amount of charge the battery will charge to. In not too long the battery will not hold enough charge to run it for 1 job"

Frank, I don't know what type battery is in my Multi-sprayer.
However, I keep it plugged into the van charger ALWAYS when not in use.
I didn't start noticing any decrease in run time til after about 2 years of use

Best to keep it plugged in all-de-time when not in use.
I treated it kind of like a deep cell boat battery, charge it immediately after each use and it will last longer

..L.T.A.

tcul

I've been using a pepsi sprayer for a couple years now and love it.

Just pump it up with a air compressor and go to town.

TC

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Larry is right. everytime i call the fella who manu's them, the one point he repeatedly tells me is to ALWAYS leave the M.S. plugged into my van's utility plug / charger. "it can't be overcharged, the battery likes it" he tells me.

thanx --- Derek.

FastEddie

I keep mine always charged in between jobs and overnight. The battery has no memory! Listen to the manufacturer!

G

I've heard Larry talk and reference that damn Multi battery sprayer... that I'm ordering Mikes (hardball) special.. with the 8 gals of protector for 547.00.

I'll be styling now. NO more SS pumpups. lol

I have one question.. how long is the hose.. and if you have protector.. switch jugs to say.. prespray.. isnt there still protector in the line.

Or do you use it dedicated... persay.."for protector only'..

If i'm getting it.. i want to use it all the time.. make sense?

So do tell...

Tks.

Mikey P

Administrator
Put the spray tip on a 1/4 inch QC and spray out the "Old" juice back into it's container or a drain.

Having it on a QC also makes it nice for changing tips sizes on the go.

I use a 01 for Teflon and an 03 for pre sprays and sealers.

I cant believe you've been using a pump up Dobs....

What a hack...

FastEddie

Take out the check valve and put a shut-off on the end to end drippage 100%. You won't believe how much better it sprays with no check valve. Maybe that's why mine is lasting so long.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What "check valve" are you referring to, Edro?

I wasn't aware there was one in the MS

Dobs, when changing from pre-spray to protectant, I do as Mike mentioned and just clear the lines a bit.
A few second spray is all it takes.
When going the other way from protectant to pre-sprays, I don't worry about it so much.

Length of hose depends on the model.
Mine has a coiled hose on the spray handle.
Guess it to be about 8 to 10ft in length.

I've seen knock off MSers that have different hoses.

The "real" MS will have a coiled hose and tiny QDs for easy quick change of spray tips.
You should also get a small 4" tip for uph and a 18"(? or so) carpet spray tip

They're the cat's azz, and you'll wonder how you ever got along with out one.

Put an 06 tip in the carpet spray wand.
Less atomized spray in the breathing zone and you can put down product quicker

..L.T.A.

G

Dobs,

I have a dedicated multi sprayer for protector and 1 for pre spray.

Dave

G

LOL Mike.

I use the SS sprayer,, dedicated for protectors.

HF for presprays.. or running it thru my rotary.
I dont use a pump up that often... unless i use a specialty prespray or something.. on a small 2-3 area job.

Where is there alink to check out this beast. I use to get the little 3 x 5 card from Hardball..
I guess it carries around. I didnt like the suitcase looking model..
esp with a shorter spray hoes on it..
Its not something that falls over easily is it? ha.

Take care.

Mr. Hack .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom