Portable Work

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Don't do it in place of a TM. Use a portable when the TM doesn't reach. Cimex machines and orbots are portable too. I used a portable on a small condo this morning. 350 sqft. $150 for 45 minutes work

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
We don’t use very often but this one was too far for tm. Glad that doesn’t happen very often.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I know y’all think this is crazy, BUT that’s why I have a Bane. I know, I know, but I can roll it easy if I need to and do porty work with it. It’s the cats behind for that. My guys like it if they’re on 2nd or 3rd floor of a school. We put it in a janitor closet and go to town. Residential, NOPE!!

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I recently picked up a lot of work at one of those retirement condo places and I'll run hoses up three floors or over the balcony before I drag my old Ninja in there. I'm seriously considering taking it off the truck and only doing jobs the TM will reach. However, if I had one of those fancy portables with auto fill and auto dump I might not hate it so much.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It is a lot easier to hate it less, if you're well compensated.

I used to hate upholstery cleaning many years ago because I never made as much per hour as I did cleaning carpet.
Till I raised my prices so that I was (is) making the same hourly rate. Can't say I love it, but I sure don't hate it as much.

The same went for portable rates. I charged quite a bit more per square feet than when I worked with the truck mount. The ones who thought it was too much, I was delighted not to go through the hassle. The ones who did. I could hardly complain.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
20171208_085232.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Why does that naughty yellow Chavez arrow, going all the way from top to bottom & up again, bring up the expression "Up Yours" to mind?
Was that subliminal intentional, Richard? :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I recently picked up a lot of work at one of those retirement condo places and I'll run hoses up three floors or over the balcony before I drag my old Ninja in there. I'm seriously considering taking it off the truck and only doing jobs the TM will reach. However, if I had one of those fancy portables with auto fill and auto dump I might not hate it so much.
Yes you would, I have one of those too. It beats a Ninja, but Lordy, it’s a pain to load and unload. Why do you think I pull a trailer with a big ramp, beside riding scrubbers and propane buffers!!!!

Reactions: Jim Williams

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Hit an artery once with a banana carpet knife. Didn't know I could bleed that much.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Auto fill/dump is not always as much of a benefit as most think on a portable on most small-medium sized jobs, and often more of a hindrance.

With a helper and the right sink hose attachment, the bucket brigade can be more than efficient, though not as glamorous.

Always go for the bathroom sink and hook up a 6ft hose with an open end adapter directly to the sink.

Buckets get filled with this hose, rinsed into the terlet after dumping waste, and refilled.

The bucket can even be placed in the tub with the hose running low to safely have the bucket filling while unattended without worrying about it overflowing.

Helpers main priority when you are wanding is to not run out of fresh water, and to not overflow the waste tank, so you can keep the wand moving.

Back
Top Bottom