Portable Work

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I have a King Cobra porty. I do use it for power washing restrooms. A lot of times it’s just not conducive to be stretching out hoses in an atrium of a church facility with people running around like crazy. Or an assisted living center. You look at the situation, and determine the best tool.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Uhh huhh the great equalizer. :icon_twisted:

danny-trejo-machete-jacket-135928.jpg

Tu sangre.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It is a lot easier to hate it less, if you're well compensated.
I used to hate upholstery cleaning many years ago because I never made as much per hour as I did cleaning carpet.
Till I raised my prices so that I was (is) making the same hourly rate. Can't say I love it, but I sure don't hate it as much.
The same went for portable rates. I charged quite a bit more per square feet than when I worked with the truck mount. The ones who thought it was too much, I was delighted not to go through the hassle. The ones who did. I could hardly complain.
Ask so much that if they agree you can't say no.

I have Ofer to thank for helping us raise our porty pricing to the point that the techs aren't whining anymore, and of all the work we've done in high-rises since the price increase we've had one complaint. She called back to book the job later in the day, as she couldn't find anyone else that would even come to her building.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt and ruff

Willy P

Name
Willy P
By the way, I actually stripped and waxed a floor with a helper yesterday.
3,540 sq. Ft in a daycare. I’d slit my wrist again if I had to do that everyday!!!

Then you aren't charging enough. I do strip and wax at a minimum of $1 A square to ease the pain of doing it. I'm doing one today at 1.50 because it's a laundry room and they move the machines. Pain in the ass tax.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Then you aren't charging enough. I do strip and wax at a minimum of $1 A square to ease the pain of doing it. I'm doing one today at 1.50 because it's a laundry room and they move the machines. Pain in the ass tax.
Willy, I may have a big vct job coming up. I'll give you a call later

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
OK, allow me to sum up what I read; a quick over-view:

ALL gasoline TM's are Great

ALL electric PORTABLES are Bad

Terrific and well thought out conclusion!
Finally he gets It! It's not like portables are worthless. I mean they do some things great.

Sit in the corner

Collect dust

Provide an income for many a delusional bottom feeder

Present company included of course. :biggrin:

:winky:

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Finally he gets It! It's not like portables are worthless. I mean they do some things great.

Sit in the corner

Collect dust

Provide an income for many a delusional bottom feeder

Present company included of course. :biggrin:

:winky:
I often average $200 per hour with a portable. I have been averaging $300 per hour with my sprayborg lately. How many guys exceed that with a truckmount?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I often average $200 per hour with a portable. I have been averaging $300 per hour with my sprayborg lately.
US or Canadian? Good either way but even better if Canadian dollar.
So far I have had to use the portable very little. Way more work so it is justified to charge way more money.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
US or Canadian? Good either way but even better if Canadian dollar.
So far I have had to use the portable very little. Way more work so it is justified to charge way more money.
Canadian Bob. I agree with you, the more work it is, the more you have to charge. What the customer doesn't see, is the prep work you do prior to arriving at the job.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I often average $200 per hour with a portable. I have been averaging $300 per hour with my sprayborg lately. How many guys exceed that with a truckmount?
Yup... Dont know why people keeping knocking on the portable and vlm...good money and higher revenue..

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Lol. I charge plenty and get plenty. If I had to do any one thing everyday no matter what, at 66 it would be awful. Porty, truckmount, strip and wax, rider scrubber, manage employees, blah blah blah!!! But all of it beats daytime tv:hopeless:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom