Porties and flow rate vs pressure

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
So obviously porty challnges abound. Doing more upstairs commercial work. Really want to use my smaller porty more for those jobs.

Looking for a solution and I relised I need to get something together that is tuned to working better with the little guy.

Currently I my wand at 7 flow with 7 x 01s

What about putting in .05s and having a 3.5 flow tool?

Pump on the smalll unit is good for 200PSI.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
seven jets seems like a lot-- is that the bonzer?
maybe use 2 or 4 jet 12inch wand for the smaller porty.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Yeah I wanted to stay with the dual ports for these bigger corridors.

3.5 flow is machine friendly.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
On a seven flow, you probably won't be even maintaining 100 psi. Most 200 psi pumps are designed for a 2-3 flow max. Probably won't make much of a difference either way. My Pumptec pump will maintain 400 psi at 6 flow with my zipper or mach 12. You might want to put in a larger pump.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
How's your foot?!
Foot is good thank you. I’m up and about. Trying to catch up on work.

Got a big commercial. They want extraction. The upstairs hallway is a nightmare. Will need a reduced flow solution for this job.
if I go .075 hets I can have 5 jets at 3.75 flow. Thats seems doable.

Reactions: DAT and Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Would it be much more labor if you used a 2jet wand on that hallway only? If you don't have one, I'm sure someone on here has one they'll probably just give away. I know I gave mine away a few years ago to someone new in the business

Name
jack zerkie
The ability to recover what your putting down based on vac recovery is very important no matter what method your spray system is. The first portable I had was a old steam x with 1 small vacuum and a wand with 4 jets wow talk about wet carpets yea. But that was 36 yrs ago now the high tech is great. The few times I use a porty it's a EDIC and has 2 =3stage vacs and 500 psi and heat. I only use a 15 ft vacuum hose for better recovery and 02 jets. I not very good with a porty but sometime it has to be.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If it's a long run, I'm with Lee. Fabricate a long hose that you can connect to a tap somewhere and bring up your portable with a short vacuum hose. Yes, and plug the 2 rear jets on the bonzer. Use a prespray that you can extract with just water like Procyon. You don't need a high pressure hose, just clear braided line available at most hardware stores. Double up on the clamps. Go with a 5 flow on the front facing jets.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hate porties, too. OMG!!!!!

I used to use portables. That is why I hate them. My clients enjoy our improved jobs, too.
nobody's saying compared to a truck mount. Some times a porty is the only tool capable of the job. The secret in not hating your tools is to charge enough to make it worthwhile.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Unless it's more than just soil, I like urine. I'd OP it, faster drying, no added humidity and odors to be concerned with that portables add to the environment.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Unless it's more than just soil, I like urine. I'd OP it, faster drying, no added humidity and odors to be concerned with that portables add to the environment.
They want extraction. I get it too.

Gotta meet their goals.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'd go for higher PSI over flow rate.
With higher flow rate your water heating source might not be able to keep up and you will end up using cold water-- just like what happen when I had a Steamin Demon.
Higher PSI will blast the soil loose with less water-- just like the Zipper super spinner.

ie. I was cleaning a heavily soiled woven wool rug at 500psi. the results were not as good as I would have liked.
I used a 1800 psi pressure washer and it cleaned up much better.

Reactions: GeeeAus

bob_rugratz

Name
bob middleton
Agree with Mike plug jets until you get a happy medium. If carpet isn't too soiled you can clean one direction and dry stroke the other. I don'y know exactly which ones to plug. 2 on front or back so process of elimination wont take too long.

Reactions: GeeeAus

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom