Porty hacks rejoice!!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
While all you Jaggov's have undoubtedly been doing nothing but discussing pre-sprays, telling d!ck jokes, and making fun of Chabbez, I have been busy single-handedly saving the porty hack universe.

To any fellow hacks running Mytee machines, or thinking about it, and are familiar with the new 6.6" vac offerings, this may interest you.

The new 6.6" motors technology and design makes fragile old 5.7"motors look like toys.

When you have a new 6.6" in your hands, you will better understand.

20180203_223957.jpg
20180204_024529.jpg

EZ 5.7" to 6.6" vac motor upgrades are possible.

In both parallel AND series configs.

With the same, ONE kit.

In under an hour.

Basic tools.

No custom machine mods.

Bolt it in

Wire them up.

Fire them up.

The install kits alone will be available very soon for some very popular machines and will not include the motors.

Larry Cobb is the best source for your motor needs, offering both his LBM6A 2-stage 6.6 motors, which are considered the best choice for parallel configurations, and Mytee's new LX 6.6 motors, which are considered the best choice for a series configuration.

Take a lookey...........................

20180203_234435 180 LX series Left.jpg
20180204_031956   LX to pipe L AAAAA.jpg

Stay out of this one Chabbezz.

Attachments

• 20180204_024503.jpg
    20180204_024503.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 181

SCC

Name
Steve Baker
I'm wondering about amp draw and durability, Especially in a series setup. The rear motor runs a lot hotter than the front, so having ample room and ventilation should be the focus when choosing a platform. Will the motors suck excessive amounts of water in a poorly designed tank. I was skeptic about the claims early on but enough reputable sources say they are a significant performance gain at 100 feet than the 5.7's at or close to the same amp draw.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Porty hacks are going to rejoice even more with the new 1.5" Tom wand coming out. Between that and your vac improvements, who need a TM anymore.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The suction stops when the wand hits the carpet

the fly in the ointment of lectrovacs....blow by/air slip past fan blades

Positive displacement blowers don't suffer such
It's why we'll never see a commercially viable lectro TM that utilizes porty vacs

remember the sOOper dOOper lector prototype/one off lectromount rolled to show some years ago??
the one with the $5000 dollar mil-spec alternator/generator retrofitted under the hood to power a half dozen porty vacs
(and a wiring system in a wet location that would lectrocute an elephant)

Someone made a mytee big mistake in not powering a lectro motor big enough to drive a pump and PD blower
.......instead of air slip porty vacs

.L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
the fly in the ointment of lectrovacs....blow by/air slip past fan blades

Positive displacement blowers don't suffer such
It's why we'll never see a commercially viable lectro TM that utilizes porty vacs

remember the sOOper dOOper lector prototype/one off lectromount rolled to show some years ago??
the one with the $5000 dollar mil-spec alternator/generator retrofitted under the hood to power a half dozen porty vacs
(and a wiring system in a wet location that would lectrocute an elephant)

Someone made a mytee big mistake in not powering a lectro motor big enough to drive a pump and PD blower
.......instead of air slip porty vacs

.L.T.A.
Are you referring to the Velocity?

I talked with John LaBarbera a bit at Nexus. Sounds like Mytee may be coming out with some electric TM that kicks butt.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Was it the "Stockwell 6 Shooter" ?

6 vacs on top of a PC waste tank?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
While all you Jaggov's have undoubtedly been doing nothing but discussing pre-sprays, telling d!ck jokes, and making fun of Chabbez, I have been busy single-handedly saving the porty hack universe.

To any fellow hacks running Mytee machines, or thinking about it, and are familiar with the new 6.6" vac offerings, this may interest you.

The new 6.6" motors technology and design makes fragile old 5.7"motors look like toys.

When you have a new 6.6" in your hands, you will better understand.

View attachment 77418 View attachment 77419

EZ 5.7" to 6.6" vac motor upgrades are possible.

In both parallel AND series configs.

With the same, ONE kit.

In under an hour.

Basic tools.

No custom machine mods.

Bolt it in

Wire them up.

Fire them up.

The install kits alone will be available very soon for some very popular machines and will not include the motors.

Larry Cobb is the best source for your motor needs, offering both his LBM6A 2-stage 6.6 motors, which are considered the best choice for parallel configurations, and Mytee's new LX 6.6 motors, which are considered the best choice for a series configuration.

Take a lookey...........................

View attachment 77421 View attachment 77422

Stay out of this one Chabbezz.

my mytee is an older version with the 2 5.7's in parallel on the base. Will those adapters fit side by side with both vac motors facing down into the manifold? I am in the process of replacing my vac motors. They are the 9.8 am 3 stage 5.7, I was looking at using the 13.5 amp 5.7 but if I can fit the 6.6's it might be worthwhile. One of the problems with increased airflow and suction in a small waste tank like the Mytee, is that solution and foam can enter the vac motors more easily. Sometimes you need to build or modify baffle in the tank causing the incoming solution to drop before being sucked in.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm wondering about amp draw and durability, Especially in a series setup. The rear motor runs a lot hotter than the front, so having ample room and ventilation should be the focus when choosing a platform.

I have considered that issue and here are my thoughts.

In LX series config with my kit, the rear motor (left) will be 180 degrees from the forward (right) motor as pictured.

27545543_10213100557602565_5799005306680338162_n.jpg

I am going to go direct to the nearest exhaust port route initially, leaving the right exhaust port open as an additional cooling vent.

20180204_231613.jpg

There is always the additional option of routing the exhaust to the further exhaust port, and leaving the closer exhaust port open instead for more direct ventilation of the rear motor if anyone chooses to do so.

The open port could not be better placed to cool the rear motor if there is the need.

20180204_231730 aa.jpg

Reactions: SCC

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
my mytee is an older version with the 2 5.7's in parallel on the base. Will those adapters fit side by side with both vac motors facing down into the manifold? I am in the process of replacing my vac motors. They are the 9.8 am 3 stage 5.7, I was looking at using the 13.5 amp 5.7 but if I can fit the 6.6's it might be worthwhile.

I have looked at my old M5 with base mounted 5.7's

Once the 5.7 motors are pulled, the rubber return manifolds and mounting hardware would have to be removed.

I am pretty sure I can mount the adapters on and attempt to mount the motors facing UP, so the existing stack hoses can be plugged right on.

The question is whether the wider fan housings will hit each other in parallel config.

If they do hit, I may need to mount one motor an inch higher than the other so the wider parts of the fan housing can clear each other.

Since series config with my kit mounts the motors 180 degrees to each other, there is more space to play with...................Just like shoes can only fit in a shoe box when 180 degrees to each other.

I think it will work, or I can make it work once I get around to it.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
My question is this: It sounds like recently, the 6.6 vacuum motors were just discovered. Is it just me, am I correct?

IMHO, and I know that James Morrow would agree, that this is old news. (And, please note, nothing against one of the honorable and respectfully participates here, Groomer)

Best to all

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
My question is this: It sounds like recently, the 6.6 vacuum motors were just discovered. Is it just me, am I correct?

IMHO, and I know that James Morrow would agree, that this is old news.

Few can argue that you were not the first to push the boundaries and incorporate 6.6" motors into your units.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom