Porty question

BUSY BEE

I've always been a truckmount guy. We have a 7 story building that we have to do with a porty and we're using a Ninja, what a pile of shit! I could piss on the carpet with more pressure.

Does anyone recommend a portable with decent suck and decent PSI?

This Ninja will work great extracting slurry on soft stones though :lol:

How would you handle this

I keep getting calls from apartment complexes and hotels wanting service. Most of them are high rise buildings. I tell them I don't have the time to do them and would have to charge more than they would want to pay to make it worth my time. Should I try and sub the work out to a hack or just let it go? I kept a guys business card that cleaned some motel rooms for less than 3 dollars and did the owners house to boot. I could call him and offer him a percent at a higher rate than he is getting now.

BUSY BEE

Re: How would you handle this

danielc said:
I keep getting calls from apartment complexes and hotels wanting service. Most of them are high rise buildings. I tell them I don't have the time to do them and would have to charge more than they would want to pay to make it worth my time. Should I try and sub the work out to a hack or just let it go? I kept a guys business card that cleaned some motel rooms for less than 3 dollars and did the owners house to boot. I could call him and offer him a percent at a higher rate than he is getting now.
I have to keep these guys happy because the management co has 5 other complexes that are my bread and butter right now. This is a Senior Living Place that had a $40,000 H20 damage job we did last Dec. Some old timer ran his tub and fell asleep on the couch raining water 5 stories down. It's an accident prone place but we have to clean the carpets to stay there, I was cleaning the carpets with my TM but I can't do it anymore, I'm tired of pulling out 300 ft of hose. I have a grunt now, he can do it, but he's gonna get redos with the Ninja, I trained him with a TM.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
From what I understand, the M5 and the Truckforce are good porties
Willy loves his Recoil.

The Steamin Demon, according to some, would work well if you have the hook ups available
Cimex could be a good option as well, OP.

Porty work is a pain, all the dumping and filling. Almost worth pulling 100ft of 2.5" up the stairs, and whatever length you need to get down the hallway. Almost.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron Werner said:
Willy loves his Recoil.

Porty work is a pain, all the dumping and filling. Almost worth pulling 100ft of 2.5" up the stairs, and whatever length you need to get down the hallway. Almost.

Not if you auto fill and dump :D , a 500 psi pump and a decent vac configuration. Throw in at least 3000 watts of heat and your good to go! BTW- I'm thinking of swimming across Wednesday next week- ya busy? ( I'll bring my Sebo :wink: )

BUSY BEE said:
I've always been a truckmount guy. We have a 7 story building that we have to do with a porty and we're using a Ninja, what a pile of shit! I could piss on the carpet with more pressure.

Does anyone recommend a portable with decent suck and decent PSI?

This Ninja will work great extracting slurry on soft stones though :lol:

Wanna BEAST up your Ninja? I can show you how to seat in a General pump and get 4 vacs roaring on that chassis. Larry Cobb can hook you up with auto fill/dump, pump, vac motors etc. Cost you a few bucks, but it'll be well worth it and it'll be as new as a Bawb Vawter Steam Genie. They ain't wimpy after that.

BUSY BEE

yeah if you guys can tell me how to modify it that would be great. I'm sure it'll cost some $$$ no big deal. The closer it can come to a TM is all I want. I don't want him getting redos and I want him to use this thing for water extractions.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Base- General pump, dual 2 stage, on HP, one normal ( Singed, but you get the idea)

NINJA4-1.jpg

Vac booster. This came from KleenKuip. Same vac configuration, both in series. You'll have to put another vac barb on the head nut you suck dust off the moon. :wink: . Talk to Larry Cobb to get the parts to do this or Ted at Kleenkuip.

boosterBox05-1.jpg

PM me if you need any help.

Greenie

For $2499 you can have an M-5 from Mytee and be done with it.

It was the first Elec. machine Specifically Designed to run a Greenhorn.

Keep your lightweight ninja for other stuff, as the M-5 is a mans machine.

Todd Anthony

Greenie said:

It was the first Elec. machine Specifically Designed to run a Greenhorn.

Keep your lightweight ninja for other stuff, as the M-5 is a mans machine.

what kind of dry times are you getting with that M-5 w/75-100 ft. of 2inch ?

I know it depends on the humidity and soil level and yada yada yada .

Greenie

There are a handful of M5 users on this board, I'll let them tell their tale.

The M-5 was all about balancing waterlift and cfm, the 230 cfm and 146" of lift are impressive in use.
So far to date, it's the only unit using the exact Pump/cam/motor/unloader that was selected for the high flow wand, it's an important part of it's cleaning efficiency.

Brett

If you were to run a y with a detachable blower motor from a hi performance shop vac blowing air back to the porty, would you maybe increase suction on the other side of the y going to the wand or booster to wand, or would you be opening up the system and just be sucking more air from the blower? I use my rigid blower motor to dry out my hose for storage and it has quite a bit of air flow.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Greenie said:

I have been looking into portables for a while now, and I can tell you I will be buying an M-5.
Mytee also developed a nice inline booster to help if needed on any long runs. This is the setup I will be buying soon. You can run it from a van with a generator, or bring it upstairs if needed. Since I am in NYC, I need a versatile setup to start my business with. This video may give you an idea of it's power, although it is a 1003dx, it uses the same high performance vac motors as the M-5.
r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSje4EubCB0r]

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Willy P said:
Not if you auto fill and dump :D , a 500 psi pump and a decent vac configuration. Throw in at least 3000 watts of heat and your good to go! BTW- I'm thinking of swimming across Wednesday next week- ya busy? ( I'll bring my Sebo :wink: )
Wed's looking clear so far. Been a little slow this month, but that's a good thing for me right now. Other things to do.

I've never had a porty with Auto dump and fill. It would be sweet. but in a highrise, where do you run the hoses? Would you run garden hoses down 6floors? Is there enough water pressure to come up 6floors?
Most hallways only have one circuit for the receptacles, maybe two.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Ron Werner said:
I've never had a porty with Auto dump and fill. It would be sweet. but in a highrise, where do you run the hoses? Would you run garden hoses down 6floors? Is there enough water pressure to come up 6floors?
Most hallways only have one circuit for the receptacles, maybe two.

Fill from sink with hose adapter, dump to the terlet.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Willy P":tkth2yri]
Wed's looking clear so far. Been a little slow this month, but that's a good thing for me right now. Other things to do.

Most hallways only have one circuit for the receptacles, maybe two.[/quote:tkth2yri]

275 feet of 12/3 extension cords :shock: and 25 feet of garden hose to empty. I bought the auto fill from Larry Cobb, but I still haven't hooked it up. Had a cancellation today, so maybe.... Highrise hallways you can't escape the buckets all the time. Let Foster know.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Call clean craft they have a machine called the eclipse I have two
they three two stage vacs with a heater great for a portable,

Ernie G

We have 2-M-5s, and they have been great. We don't use them every day, we run truck mounts most of the time. We have 5or6 jobs a month that require portys. So far we have run up to 100ft. without using our booster. The vac and pressure are great, fill&dump work great. We cleaned an assisted living home that had boilers&that machine cleaned great with that hot water(endless hot water)never ran out. This machine works great for our needs.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have the Mytee, 1003 DX. It is the M5 with a smaller tank capacity, no automatic fill up or dump. However the vacs, airflow and water lift are the same.

It is a great machine.

Hard to believe how powerful the vac is when you compare it to the older machines.

It recovers an incredible amount of the water you put in. 500 PSI.

Well worth the money.

BUSY BEE

I'm gonna look into the M-5, sounds interesting. I'm hearing good things about it not only on this board as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom