Porty Talk

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
You poor lost souls! :winky:

Seriously I do feel for you. It is far harder to get good results with a portable. Those of you that do, are working your butts off to deliver a superior product.
God bless you!

Dumb muther fokers! :winky:
It is a shit ton...lol ... and I ain't no spring chicken. Lucky for me the work makes me feel good ... but for how long... I've always been a workaholic... but at this time I must maintain the preception that I will appreciate the Truckmount so much more

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The TM is still hard work. But your productivity improves to make you more profitable.

Portables are nice because you generally pay for it and have no monthly payments. Its nice because it feels like you are making more. Truth is you'll do better with the TM.

Retar...uhh cleaners like Willy, Frank, Ron & Stephen have found ways to do good work and still make money. Either that or they are lying mofo's! :biggrin:

Reactions: Mark Von*Lay

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The TM is still hard work. But your productivity improves to make you more profitable.

Portables are nice because you generally pay for it and have no monthly payments. Its nice because it feels like you are making more. Truth is you'll do better with the TM.

Retar...uhh cleaners like Willy, Frank, Ron & Stephen have found ways to do good work and still make money. Either that or they are lying mofo's! :biggrin:
Lying through our teeth, till we have no more teeth, then we're just lying, down usually.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
They won't let me put a truck mount on their elevators and running hoses up 15 flights of stairs is more work and time than I would ever have to do a couple room and maybe a couch. The thing is these units aren't even dirty usually. They pay too much and are too nice to just say no to so I am good with a porty as a back up. Mark is saying that at Mikeyfest one of the jobs is too far back to use truck mounts or for some reason as has called for a couple portables. They have their place but not everyday that's for sure.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I feel SOOOO disappointed.

Apart from Mikey's picture, & Bob's post above referring to high rise work, there's absolutely NO mention of Encap; equipment. :( :headscratch:

I know, Bob DID NOT specifically mention them, but the situation is one where encap works well, IF USED CORRECTLY.
After all, these encap; machines are still portables aren't they?? :stir:

By "encap" I also include bonnet cleaning equipment with orbital machines. :icon_twisted:
Bring on the dirt-swirlers negative comments. :arrrr:

:yoda:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They won't let me put a truck mount on their elevators and running hoses up 15 flights of stairs is more work and time than I would ever have to do a couple room and maybe a couch. The thing is these units aren't even dirty usually. They pay too much and are too nice to just say no to so I am good with a porty as a back up. Mark is saying that at Mikeyfest one of the jobs is too far back to use truck mounts or for some reason as has called for a couple portables. They have their place but not everyday that's for sure.
Bob when its the soil load is light and the project is that far away we would probably choose OP over the portable. It will look cleaner and dry so much faster.

Now if it soiled, then we have no option but to use a portable. :errf:

We will price it higher just due to the sheer frustration in processing it with a portable. If we are lucky they will call someone else. :biggrin:

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
Man I just keep on hearing after watching That wonderful speech ..Make that Carpet Great again and use your awesome porty with heat and don't scratch my golden baseboard.......:clap:....:smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Haha! We all started there didn't we?
I never started portable. I started with s beat up truck mount in...a beat up trailer with a rotten floor and rusted floor frame. I'm actually surprised it didn't fall through the floor while I was driving

I probably would've done a better job with a good portable when I started

Reactions: Mark Von*Lay

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
I do a good amount of lake rentals . and would still run the setup on those and some are 3 and 4 floors STAIRS... THE ROTOVAC RANGER CFX has saved my Back and I love the 360i with the brush head :smile: also if you HAVE to take the base ``some furniture moving arm straps around front wheels...makes it a snap

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You poor lost souls! :winky:

Seriously I do feel for you. It is far harder to get good results with a portable. Those of you that do, are working your butts off to deliver a superior product.
God bless you!

Dumb muther fokers! :winky:

Nobody gives a fat rats ass what you think. You're totally irrelevant.Caŕry on.

Reactions: Papa John

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

Oh GOD! Here we go again!

We MBs porty guys don't work with portables because we Want to-- we do it because WE Have Too...
Its the logistical reality of working in big cities.

I have a challenge for you porty bashers--- Visit NYC, Vancouver BC, or San Francisco's downtown area and try to find a parking spot on the street...
Your TM only stance will cause you to leave or surrender and buy a portable.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Oh GOD! Here we go again!

We MBs porty guys don't work with portables because we Want to-- we do it because WE Have Too...

I have a challenge for you porty bashers--- Visit NYC, Vancouver BC, or San Francisco's downtown area and try to find a parking spot on the street...
And a vehicle that fits in the underground.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I get irritated with all the sand I see that gets into my Gate Valve.... I literally need to take it apart every job to clean out where it seals....

Helps not tilting the machine back to get the last drop if that's something you do.

Mytee LTD's have a secondary lower waste tank drain that should help catch the heavy solids.

Oh GOD! Here we go again\

:clap:

Next time Chavez is put on a raft, make sure it's on the Rio Grande.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom