Post pad.....who does and why dont you

Who all offers it here?... or uses it with there primary method? We offer it in one of our packages...you cant beat the dry times(which is cut in half), absorbing the last little layer of dirt (if any,alot of times the pad looks clean besides being wet) and its great for anti wicking situations and that is the only way we clean berber or glue down btw.

If you dont do your missing out on this last little step, it dosent take long after you HWE and your not having to go slow to clean it's just simply going over it again.

try it....you like it and so will your customers.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the only time we post pad/bonnet is on uneven subfloor com

other wise...

unless it's part of the dog and pony show to get more dough...
(and i can dig that)
or your wand technique is horrid and wholly inadequate
it's a waste of time

"cut drying time in half" ??????

you gotta be kidding, right?
I know you're in the swAmp down there, but I didn't think you wuz bringing it into Mrs Phiff's trailer...

..L.T.A.

meAt said:
the only time we post pad/bonnet is on uneven subfloor com

other wise...

unless it's part of the dog and pony show to get more dough...
(and i can dig that)
or your wand technique is horrid and wholly inadequate
it's a waste of time

"cut drying time in half" ??????

you gotta be kidding, right?
I know you're in the swAmp down there, but I didn't think you wuz bringing it into Mrs Phiff's trailer...

..L.T.A.

Uh pads do absorb water duh..so it dosent matter what your normal dry time is 1 hour or whatever you Wish or claim. Fact is it does. Prove me wrong you cant.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You can't "prove" yourself right either. Doofus.

Back in the 80's, when I first heard about this, I found that post padding with a cotton pad did very little to reduce my drying times.

It sounds good, and you'll get lots of tag along supporters, but post padding is nothing more than another bulletin board phenominon, and you'll stop doing it within a few months ... just like everybody else.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
C Pennington said:
Uh pads do absorb water duh...

weigh a dry pad, then roto away.
then weigh it and tell me how water you absorbed.

the minimal reduction in drying (minimal to those who use a wand RIGHT :twisted: ) isn't because of water absorption, it's more because of heat/friction evaporation

I'll give you this though, the porty guys or those with crappy equipment and/or technique will benefit with a cotton bonnet post pad
But it won't be much

..L.T.A.

meAt said:
C Pennington said:
Uh pads do absorb water duh...

weigh a dry pad, then roto away.
then weigh it and tell me how water you absorbed.

the minimal reduction in drying (minimal to those who use a wand RIGHT :twisted: ) isn't because of water absorption, it's more because of heat/friction evaporation

I'll give you this though, the porty guys or those with crappy equipment and/or technique will benefit with a cotton bonnet post pad
But it won't be much

..L.T.A.

Whatever..It works for me very well and my custys love it, quicker dry times, less wicking and BTW my wand tech and equipment is way....good.

admiralclean said:
You can't "prove" yourself right either. Doofus.

Back in the 80's, when I first heard about this, I found that post padding with a cotton pad did very little to reduce my drying times.

It sounds good, and you'll get lots of tag along supporters, but post padding is nothing more than another bulletin board phenominon, and you'll stop doing it within a few months ... just like everybody else.

Tm were invented in the 80's or earlier, they work so you time example is pathetic.

Do you have dryer or do you still hang you clothes?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Amazing ... you are completely incapable of following a line of logic.

I never noticed before, or I wouldn't have engaged you in a debate in the first place.

Carry on ...

Rex Tyus

I RARELY do it. The reason is the benefit to cost ratio is to low for me to recommend it as beneficial. If you are getting a good response from your customers then I applaud you. If you like it and they like it, keep up the good work. It is not for me to say it isn't worth it for you or them.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I don't do it because my dry times are fine and I would rather charge more without doing more work. Amazing Curtis, with 9 years under his belt would pick a fight with guys with 20-25+ years under theirs. Just a punk I guess.

Mikey P

Administrator
Go HWE the shat out of a filthy CGD and then post it with cotton or Glads.

Take a look at the Micheline tire on the pad and tell me its a waste of time.

Posting commercial is the best way to steal com work from those with less time to spend.

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
Go HWE the shat out of a filthy CGD and then post it with cotton or Glads.

Take a look at the Micheline tire on the pad and tell me its a waste of time.

Posting commercial is the best way to steal com work from those with less time to spend.

The right prespray and a good emulsifier will yield different results. Of course you will get a little more but again the cost to benefit ratio would be out of line. Just my opinion.

Mikey P

Administrator
Challenge yourselves on your next grease pit or better yet, a over encapped, ground floor splotchy olefin.

Use what ever PS you want and what ever toxic rinse sludge you can get through your GPH valve and then post it with cotton.

Tell me whats on the pad.

hogjowl

Idiot™
This argument was regarding the drying benefits of post padding, Mellon. Not if it removed more soil.

Having said that, let me ask you this, can you SEE a benefit from the extra soil that is removed (on the carpet, not the pad) by post padding?

If not, then it's just more method masturbation ... and the 13th step in your "process."

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
Challenge yourselves on your next grease pit or better yet, a over encapped, ground floor splotchy olefin.

Use what ever PS you want and what ever toxic rinse sludge you can get through your GPH valve and then post it with cotton.

Tell me whats on the pad.

Mikey you are my hero. I mean that sincerely. But just so you know, anything I post about I HAVE already tried and compared. The difference was not even noteworthy. Let alone enlightening.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It is. It adds a rediculous amount of time to the job, and gives no appreciable drying benefits and little visual benefits.

It's just method masturbation.

Rex Tyus

YOU create michelines. But you also clear water rinse and you think prekleen is better than Prozyme. :roll:

But you are still my hero. Anybody that works as hard as you do to get dirt out of carpet has to be looked up to. :D

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
C Pennington said:
Whatever..It works for me very well and my custys love it, quicker dry times

well and good, Curt.
have at it if you can get the dough for the extra step/time.
I'm not "anti" post Dobs.

C Pennington said:
less wicking and BTW my wand tech and equipment is way....good.

if wicking is an issue and you have "less" now, I'd argue this point ,

"my wand tech and equipment is way....good"

vEEgs, for crying out loud, for as much as you charge, you HAVE to do something extra, or you'd never get a com prospect to bite.

I'm curious though, while you're twirling that Michelin, do you twirl and keep changing tires til it looks like a gangster white wall?

and where the heck is Dobs, anyway?

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
I create michelines all the time Rex. You know my set up buddy, and the friction does help dry CDGs a lot..

(

Dude, you need a better TM. I can recommend one if you like.

I used to post pad when I used a porty...it was good for that.

I use it on commercial also...f u mikey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Listen. Listen.
Here are the guys who: pre-vac, post vac, pre-sparay, post mist, pre-scrub, pre blust the carpet with 1000 psi at 400 degrees, using a pimped vortex with a vacuum and a heat booster (for the van and the ego) followed by an acid rinse, a floral scent-stink "deodorizer" and a toxic solvent based teflon .......

And all you have to do is blast the guy for post padding?

It works for him, for his clients and may even work for the perfect wand technique "gods" (yes, you).
Try it.
I bet you will still get some dirt on that pad.

Then, you can boost it.

Name
I'm Rick James
I use a buffer sometimes. I like to do a post spin on CGD and shitty plastic berber.

G

I have never post padded; I only prespray and hwe; dry time 2 to 4 hours max cgd; I have known guys to postpad; they say it brings a little more to the table and a little better visual/dry times; but they also said if custy doesn't pay for it; they don't do it!!

Leaves me to think why would I do this??

Mikey is right; and don't think there's any better equipment available for cc than a V ! Wish I could afford one!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Can save a lot of water by prevac'in the snot out of the carpet first. Reduce your wickbacks tremendously.
I don't have a pad machine so its not an option for me, plus I never wanted one anyway.
The only jobs I could see the use for it would be a commercial berber, glued down or with pad, and it has a ton of soil in it that could never be vacuumed out. The post padding would even out the wicking or remove it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom