IMG_0071.jpg

After.
IMG_0072.jpg

Tenant got his bond back 100%

John

rick imby

Name
Rick
Looks good but did you charge more than the deposit to do it?

Then you need to raise your rates..

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Nice work John.

I know making an irregular patch makes it less noticeable but I don’t think I could manage to make the donor match.

I find it funny how foreigners call house plant pot plants.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I get the irregular shapes by following the gaps that make up the manufacture.

I just hate cutting tufts, and when you do, that's when I get a noticable join. So the style of the carpet will often dicatate the shape of the repair I do.

It's not really taht hard. You still use your paper pencil trrick to find the right direction, you still have two long run cuts that I always do first. Check the 'width' and away you go.

Now you do the first angle cut, laying it over the cut out making sure you have excess all round. When it's sitting nice, cut it's opposite side so you have 2 directions completely cut.

Then follow the same idea for the final two sides.

When I'm cutting these angle cuts, I always lay it on top of the cut out, line up a row/gap and run my awl all the way through and check the other side. Maybe even mark with pen in the side of the backing so you know before you cut, that it'll end up right.

The cut just becomes a formality then.

We had a term in the joinery shop years ago that I love. "one mark, one cut, one fit". Simply, mark it out, do your cut, and then trim as necessary.

Once you get donig this sort of stuff a lot and gain your confidence, you'll rarely need to trim much. We also had another saying, cut it twice and it's still too short!! :lol:

Essentially, if you stuff up, generally it's quicker and better to just make a new start rather than trying to save something that is going to make to work twice as hard and still not get the best results.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom