pre scrubbing

campusman1

i see a lot of guys having a floor buffer to do there pre scrubbing before the cleaning. i dont have one usually i use a rake the ill clean with the rx-20 if there bad . couldnt i use a different head for the rx 20 and put the carpet pad on and use the rx 20 for both pre scrubbing and cleaning . sss

TimP

Yes there is an attachment. I use it to scrub my carpet and run a greenhorn (modified cmp wand from greenie) to rinse. If you scrub and use an RX I think it's a bit excessive. A rake and an RX should be plenty, if that don't cut it you definitely need to change the chems you're using to clean with in that situation that would require both to get it clean. Maybe add an emulsifier, or a stronger pre conditioner.

John Watson

sure you can, but why?? RX20's are great agitators unless you put the glides on it to make it a super drying machine. then in real bad situations you might want to fiber pad or brush it first, Just a bonnet doesn't agitate as well as a fiber pad that you could get a driver for your machine, boy too much work for me...

tim

dont have the pad driver for my rx20 but if you need prescrub for an rx20, I would recommend a new prespray. I have yet to see a trashed rental that a good prespray (Extreme Clean or Powerburst), dwell time, heat, and a good flushing with the rx20 wouldnt clean!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dirk Wingrove said:
Thanks to Jimbo, the Bissell is my scrubber of choice.

I used ours a time or two cause i was too LAZY to drag the rotary out.

It works pretty well on cut piles, but not near as well as a rotary on loop pile

plus, it's a makes a freekin mess of the vac

..L.T.A.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My main weapon of choice for years was Rotovac, I tried Rx20 but there is nothing like a heavy 175 with alot of juice down first. The difference is you spray scrub and then dwell and extract. When you use a rx20 or a rotovac your spray dwell scrub/extract. Your skipping a step in there.
Chem
Heat
Agitate
Time

the most thorough use of that is agitation before the dwell time not during extraction. If you spray your cleaner and wait then go at it with the Rx or Rotovac all the fibers have not been agitated even with a rake but if you agitate with a scrubber of your choice and then wait it will come cleaner

tim

I agree with that, I now use the procaps deluxe to agitate prespray. I like the way it lifts the pile and digs out hair and soil, not just swirl it around. It is just that at some point clean is clean. The rest is overkill. With a quality prespray, dwell time, heat, flow and an rx20, it is clean. No need for anything else. I have done a ton of trashed rentals with that method. Now with a lower ph prespray, the additional step may be helpful

campusman1

prescrubbing

im just looking not to use the rake or the hard brissle broom on the really bad ones ive use all kind of chemicals ,and if you get a bad one a resturant or any kind of bad carpet i dont care what anyone says you have to work it in ive never seen any chemical work that good on a bad carpet just spraying it on, i think ill get the pad for the rx 20 put the prespray down work it in then set up the truck im looking to make it easier hate that rake.

steve r

,and if you get a bad one a resturant or any kind of bad carpet i dont care what anyone says you have to work it in ive never seen any chemical work that good on a bad carpet just spraying it on,

bane tls2000 and pca 5 even with just warm water.

i clean a truckstop thats open 24/7 and they dont clean the tile in the kitchen very good.always loaded with grease and oil.i have yet to agitate it and every time they are shocked at the difference.

prespray with tls2000 and extract with pca 5 premixed in tank.
one slow pass or two faster ones,usually two faster ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom