Pre-vacuuming

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
Do you pre-vac ALL jobs? Or only pre vac high end jobs...it's seems job takes longer when pre vac is involved. I know skipping this step is important, but just wondering if I'm using a rotary extractor and flushing the fiber does soil still remain behind from not vacuuming. I vacuum all my jobs but finding it's a pain in the butt.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of cleaners who come here don't actually vacuum.

I call them Ladwigs.

As for me, I prevacuum every job. Even the ones that the customer is vacuuming when I walk in the door.

I'm a premium cleaner

Reactions: J Scott W

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
it's seems job takes longer when pre vac is involved.

done right it sure does
done halfazz it does too if only one man crew

but just wondering if I'm using a rotary extractor and flushing the fiber does soil still remain behind from not vacuuming.

yep
But on 97.289% of carpets you're not getting all the dry soil by vaccing either
even Ron Werner can't, and he'll spend literally over an hour OCD'ing one small room

here's the deal, if you want to be one of the "in crowd" cool kids on the board, you have to vac every job. (or at least "claim" to)
Or....
you can do what "normal" successful CC'ers do..leave the vac in van for all but the "obviously need vac'ing" jobs .
The "obvious" ones are those with ju-ju beads, mounds of dog/cat fur and/or debris all over thedamnfloor
Or....
charge more instead of trying to compete with the 93.274% of CC'ers that never vac

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a top five nasty dog hair/ scummy human job today

I responded to a request for help taking apart a fence on a community blog.
They're moving out (evicted) and notice my tailgate CVCC decal.

"Oh we didn't know you are a cleaner, give us a bid when your done with the fence.

I almost walked on cleaning day..

I raked up a Homer's worth of hair and white trash.

I'm just finishing up when the landlord calls and tells her not to clean, they're replacing.

Thank gawd.

She asked for 40% back which was fine by me.

I can see why you regular slum cleaners like vacuums with hoses

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I vacuum about 90% of my jobs. I'm not too concerned about leaving fine particles behind. The customer isn't gonna go behind us with their magnifying glass. They're actually gonna walk right back on it in about 6hrs with their shoes on, or their gonna let their nasty dog lay right back on it that evening, so it's no matter to me

The real reason I Vacuum the carpet is to keep my filters from getting clogged up while I HWE. Because when the filter gets clogged with hair and soil, you lose Valuable suction, which is the cause for the Real problem of wicking, and foul odors, caused by long dry times.

If clogging the filter wasn't an issue, I would never Vacuum the carpet.

So if you're vacuuming every job, bump up your charge by $.05/sq. ft

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Since most people have pets pissing on the carpet I don't vacuum. Air quality is a concern in a home and I won't pollute it anymore with spewing viruses and bacteria out of the exhaust of the vacuum. More for my own health than anything else. SO FOOK ALL OF YOU IDIOTS!

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
If the carpet has appears to be well maintained (vacuumed cleaned regularly) and freshly vacuumed, I don't vacuum.

The neglected ones get vacuumed before cleaning. It is faster and easier to clean after vacuuming.

steve_64

Since most people have pets pissing on the carpet I don't vacuum. Air quality is a concern in a home and I won't pollute it anymore with spewing viruses and bacteria out of the exhaust of the vacuum. More for my own health than anything else. SO FOOK ALL OF YOU IDIOTS!
I had to explain to a customer that all vacuuming and scrubbing will do is spread it around from contaminating the brushes. I soak the spots with product then flush it out without spreading it around the house.

Lightbulbs went off.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Any practice can be rationalized with a bit of imagination.
I don't buy the "spreading contaminants" argument because

1: They have already been tracked around the house.
2: Cleaning is an attritive process anyhow, vacuuming is just step one.
3: Any flushing that works on the mythical confined contaminant will work just as well on the mythical dispersed contaminant.

Having said that, I personally don't give a rat's ass if anyone else vacuums. It makes me feel better to do it, it gobbles up the chunky stuff and customers seem pleasantly surprised. So I do.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bacteria and viruses YOU will be exposed to.
I don't buy the hepa , filters bla bla bla filtering out the things that could affect YOUR health.

Reactions: steve_64

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's time to clean out the guts in my Royal

I prevacced a small office yesterday. And it smelled like ASS

I had just picked up another apartment complex. Probably the worst apartments here. That was the last place I used it before this job. My customer thought she'd help yesterday. She turned my vacuum on and it was blowing that ASS air right in her face from the little hole in the bag. I couldn't help but laugh

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Well, organics go rancid.

It can help to spritz a shot of SaigerCide into the vac hose, or hey! Change the dadgum bag!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Well, organics go rancid.

It can help to spritz a shot of SaigerCide into the vac hose, or hey! Change the dadgum bag!
No, the apartment I cleaned before that job screwed up that vacuum. I'm not using it until I take it apart and clean it this weekend. And the bag was new. Look up at my previous comment

Reactions: Old Coastie

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
anyone that vacs most or all their jobs , and only carries and uses ONE vac, is a dolt
You have to have two on board
One for ratholes and dog houses and one for good carpets

you're an idiot if you don't ..period

...L.T.A.

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza

I had just picked up another apartment complex. Probably the worst apartments here. That was the last place I used it before this job. My customer thought she'd help yesterday. She turned my vacuum on and it was blowing that ASS air right in her face from the little hole in the bag. I couldn't help but laugh
A$$ air! Lmao!!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty you seemed to be obsessed with me. Reading everything I post. Would you like to visit me? I can give you a one way bus ticket up here. You can stay in the basement , I have an old time civil war jail cell down........there. I plumbed a sink and toilet in it. I think after about a month in it with no lights on .................YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND.

I WILL BREAK YOU!

BUFFOON!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Do you must smell a lot of ass regularly??? :shifty:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom