Pressure hose advice please. Hydra-Force Pro vs Goodyear Neptune...

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just dodged a bullet today. My pressure line burst and luckily the break was just right outside the front door of the home I was cleaning. I use 50 foot sections and I think it's time to replace them all. My local distributor carries Hydra-force pro steel braided 4000psi. Seems like a nice hose. Currently I have a section of Goodyear Neptune as my lead hose and 3 sections of hose that I had made for me locally but the place is no longer in business. I can't see what kind of hose it is. The writing is no longer visible. The Goodyear is pretty nice but a little rubbery and seems thicker than the Hydra force.
Which hose do you guys recommend?
There is also a Parker Parfex hose which is not steel braided and I read somewhere that it does have a memory so it tends to coil up.That would be annoying. Still, It is advertised as a great lead hose. I wonder why. It is more expensive but if it is really that good then, no problem....
It has no steel braiding, wouldn't that make it be less durable? What is the upside to this type?
I have been using 50 foot sections but I wonder if it might not be better to use a 75ft lead hose that would keep the first quick connector outside most homes I clean. Might be safer, what do you guys think?

Reactions: Nomad74

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
There is also a Parker Parfex hose which is not steel braided and I read somewhere that it does have a memory so it tends to coil up.That would be annoying. Still, It is advertised as a great lead hose. I wonder why. It is more expensive but if it is really that good then, no problem....

Get the parker, you will never have to worry about this type of stuff again. 50' of steel braid off the truck, then the parker(100' for us).

Yes, it has memory if you roll it up tight or hot. I hand roll my 100' in 30 seconds and it has NO memory. Bring it in the house unroll back to truck(us).Keeps heat better, also.

Think a 100' was 180 at cobbs. Money very well spent.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have found, and also read here that the blue parker is easier to deal with and less likely to coil.. Lasts longer then steel braid also.

smart n kleen

May surprise you but I prefer raptor hose. Hair doesn't get stuck to it and it rolls easily. High heat and high pressure. Get bargain. I change hose, or try to , every year for peace of mind.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Hydraforce is good stuff, equal to the Goodyear hose.
They are much easier to work with than the Parker.

What it comes down to is how easily are you frustrated by solution hose that has a slight memory. If it doesn't bother you, get the Parker.

Its pisses me off so bad when I cleaned for a week that I bought 300ft of Goodyear again. Something I swore I would never do.

I had been making my carpet cleaners suffer with Parker for several years. :redface:

Now we just plan on replacing the hose with new every year. We cut and press new ends on the old and use it outside the home. Costs a little more but worth every penny in less aggravation!

P.S. Windtrax sells it dirt cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

smart n kleen

The are much easier to work with than the Parker. What it comes down to is how easily are you frustrated by solution hose that has a slight memory. If it doesn't bother you, get the Parker.

Its pisses me off so bad when I cleaned for a week that I bought 300ft of Goodyear again. Something I swore I would never do.

I had been making my carpet cleaners suffer with Parker for several years. :redface:

Now we just plan on replacing the hose with new every year. We cut and press new ends on the old and use it outside the home. Costs a little more but worth every penny in less aggravation!

What kind of hose do they sell cheap?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: smart n kleen

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Sounds like I really should look at the Parker hose.More durable and lighter and I read that when it starts leaking it's more like a pin hole and it won't blow up on you. All of that sounds good. Blue is the color I want anyway. So 100 ft length as a leader hose? When I carry that length with steel braided into a home it gets pretty heavy and cumbersome. Would 100 ft of Parker hose be more manageable?
I looked at Larry Cobbs price and that is very reasonable. But there is a Parker shop here in town, which is where I buy fittings when I need them. Good guys working there.I wonder if their prices are similar. I don't mind paying a "little Extra" to keep it local . I'll give them a call.

Mikey P

Administrator
thats how they intentionally fail>>tiny leaks in pre perforated holes...never any bursts..

Blue is hard to come by, Ask Olson or Cobb if they can get it.

For some strange reason it s a bit more flexible than the orange.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
They are much easier to work with than the Parker.

What it comes down to is how easily are you frustrated by solution hose that has a slight memory. If it doesn't bother you, get the Parker.

Feel free to send me your old parker hoses.... I'll put them to good use...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We prefer Goodyear Neptune hose, and yes I just "offended" you.

But most carpet cleaners don't change their hoses out enough, we change our every 2 years and there won't be any problem related to pressure line.

Reactions: hogjowl

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Probably time to change my hose. half of my spool is 4 years old. I think the hose brand is called Continental . So i'm hearing that Goodyear is the way to go?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Professionals like Marty will never experience Black Death at the rate he changes out his hoses.

I don't understand what the issue is with changing hoses out every year or other year it is only a few hundred dollars

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
The Parker also won't burn the lawn if it's warm out. It holds the heat better and that heat is going into the house. The Windtrax in KC does not sell Paraflex, they said they would have to order a roll of 500 Ft. or more. I can't use that much hose but Richard could make a call and buy a roll. They will put fittings on Paraflex if you need repairs.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
I also like that it is easily half the weight of Goodyear.. It makes a big difference when you are carrying your wand,prespray,vacuum hose,and solution line to the 4th floor ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom