Pressure hose advice please. Hydra-Force Pro vs Goodyear Neptune...

steve_64

I just picked up 150 ,ft of the hydro force. I have another 50 ft lead hose of the same that I will change out more frequently.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
ignore anyone who tells you to buy anything but Parker Parflex 1035HT in Blue.
Color doesn't matter, but most any synthetic hose made for carpet cleaning will last far longer than steel. Even when it breaks down and starts to leak, it doesn't leak impossible to remove color. Roll it up with your vac hose or hang it on straps. It only has a coil retention issue if you force it onto the tiny reels designed for steel braided hose.

Ours typically last for the life of the truck, unless a tech drapes one over the exhaust pipe. We use a short "lead whip" of 1/4" line because all of the failures occur at the stress point where the hose meets the wand fitting and where the hose is forced to flex the most.

Buy it from your distributor or look for R7 thermoplastic pressure line.

PS: We've replaced the 1/2" steel braided rubber lines on our rug washer with 3/8" thermoplastic. No more mid-wash hose explosions.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have never tried parflex or any other synthetic hoses. They are hard to find out here. The Goodyear has been reliable but all steel braid hoses can get hot enough to leave permanent welts on polypropylene (olefin) carpet. From what I have read about the parflex, I think the key is to run hot water through it and then coil it loosely and hang it. Don't put it on a hose reel.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes the reel certainly makes it worse but just in general there is a huge difference in flexibility.

I hate black death associated with steel braid. It has cost us in damages and loss of a client BUT when new its much easier to work with that the Paraflex.

Memory or no memory its still very stiff in comparison and you move it away from your foot and it moves 6-8 feet away from you. Good when you want that, bad if it knocks over something.

Just buy a 50 for in the house and replace it periodically.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The Goodyear has been reliable but all steel braid hoses can get hot enough to leave permanent welts on polypropylene (olefin) carpet.

Had that happen ONCE, parker was on the way the next day.

This should be reason enough to use it....

John Olson's price is Stupid high on just a 50ft hose. I'll buy a continental again before I spend that much on just a 50ft

180 from Larry, maybe more for YOU for busting his balls.......:rockon:

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He deserves some ball busting. When you don't return a call from a customer with a problem, the customer boils on it, even 3 1/2 years later
Its a lesson for us all.

I am constantly on our guys about returning their calls. No matter how busy we are, just a brief call back to say we will get back with when they get back in the office makes a world of difference. Nobody likes to be kept waiting no matter how trivial the call may seem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom