Pressure question

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
If I hook up a 1600 psi home depot electric pressure washer to a spinner tool, would I really be getting 1600 psi out of the jets, my guess would be no. I guess the jet size would be a factor but i could be wrong. Reason I ask is i'm most likely getting this

spinnertool.png
And thinking of doing this, Thats not my set up but I do have the same Mytee LTD5
Keep in mind i do not do a lot of T&G work maybe 4 or 5 a month

ryobi.jpg

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The jet size has a greater influence on the volume of water coming through more than the pressure. If the pressure washer can put out 1600 PSI and the pressure regulator is et there, you will get pretty close to 1600 PSI. But different jets would give different volumes of water.

Length of hose, diameter of hose and a dozen other factors would have small influences on the pressure and volume.

This is the type of thing @DanGardner2.0 would know. But I think that is correct, unless he disagrees.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Scottw is usually right

However, those throw away units have limited flow rates at that pressure.

hd unit is 1600 psi at 1.2 gpm, you will get about 800 psi if my memory serves me right ( keeping stock turbo tips)

Your limited by amp draw. Usually more psi on a given circuit, the less volume or gpm you get.

The water otter, and similar systems in most tile and grout portable, 1200-1250 is the max pressure your gonna get on a 15 amp service

Reactions: Mikey P

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Hey I have a 19inch Vario Op machine I may consider a trade The Vario is in new condition as it has very little use on it, however there is no spray system on it
trade for a good pressure washer to use with spinner tool, water otter/water hog the shockwave that i think cross american sells or something similar

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Carl is correct. The inexpensive "consumer pressure washers" have too low GPM numbers and are not durable.

2 GPM is what you need @ about 600-700 PSI for residential cleaning.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
As I do agree 1.2 gpm is low on that ryobi unit at beginning of this thread, apparently it will work as the guy using it
is doing it, don't know how well its working but it does work, i also agree that depending on how much use and abuse
its getting it most likely won't last to long either. So if this little 1600 psi 1.2 gpm works on a spinner

Then this
Sun Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer will work as well, it's only .24 gpm shy of 2 gpm don't think that
.24 is going to make much if any difference 1.76 or 2.0 gpm 1.76 is close enough
plus that sun joe has
  • TSS (Total Stop System) – Automatically shuts off the pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.
    This is a nice feature that i'm sure will help it last longer, for only $178 it might be good to have as a back up, nothing worse
    then having a piece of equipment fail in the middle of a job with no way to quick fix it.

The only thing I wonder on the sun joe unit is the 2030 psi, definitely to much for t&g but would you really be getting the full 2030 psi with this hooked
    up to a spinner tool, this question is beyond my knowledge on this subject.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom