Price per square foot commercial cleaning

Mary E Steria

Name
Rosy
Can some of you give me some feedback on the going rate for a price per sf for over 1.5 M SF with furniture removal in the Southern California area? It's a public agency....Multiple setups..over 40 with some buildings over 100k

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I would disagree with Richard as if any hot water extraction is needed the 3 cent a sqft number will eat your lunch and dinner.

This question is a loaded question.

Do you have the inside track? I.e. Know someone inside?

Is this a more complex bid including possible emergency services that someone else might bid low as a loss leader in an attempt to acquire the water damage work?

Can you encapsulate most of the areas?

Do you have a strict timeline for cleaning all areas?

Time/availability of areas to be cleaned?

Difficulty of/to access most areas?

Availability of water/power in most areas?

Just some questions to consider.

Reactions: WillS

Mary E Steria

Name
Rosy
Appreciate the responses; the bid requires HWE, truck mounted and/or wet extraction equipment only with hot water and lift requirements.
Emergency services are not the draw necessarily.
Turnaround with scheduling constraints are part of the agreement.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
If you have a really good production rate of 1000 sq. ft an hour you can do 1.5m sq. feet in only 1,500 hours wand to the carpet. That is cleaning hours only and not likely doing HWE with a standard wand to get that type of production. Not set up, move, refil, pre vac, moving furniture. If you put in 40 hours a week, at this location, it would take you 37.5 weeks to complete....just wand to carpet. no breaks, no down time. 37.5 weeks straight cleaning.

How many trucks can you run there at once? Is this night work?

Basically if you take this job, it's all you'll be doing for a year. I wouldn't do it for less than .10 sq. ft (and that is pushing it, likely closer to .15) and that is working regular business hours. Night work would be more. That being said .10 would be $150,000. Can you make more than $150,000 a year servicing your other clients? If you take this on an then can't service your clients, what happens if you loose the contract? What would be your labor and materials cost to take this on. How much profit would you see from that $150,000 if you priced it at .10?

So much to consider.

Reactions: Bryce C and Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Appreciate the responses; the bid requires HWE, truck mounted and/or wet extraction equipment only with hot water and lift requirements.
Emergency services are not the draw necessarily.
Turnaround with scheduling constraints are part of the agreement.
You are best move is to pass. You'll waste time putting this estimate all together on the hope of getting a job you're sure to lose your ass on.

You can't deliver what they want at a price that will be competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
With a TM, multiple, extended hose runs, I wouldn't do it for less than .25 a sq. They would laugh me out of the house at that.

Maybe if you could use a Steamin Demon or some other high production portable.

1 million square feet with a porty. Only when I reach hell! :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: Bryce C

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Yep, just stocking up products, setting employee schedules, travelling between properties, not fitting in other jobs because of that one, you need some sort of down payment for that size of cleaning. We got out bid on a 72,000 sq. ft. and we went down to .10c per sq. ft. The other company bid .6c. It was for a government recreation building. Let them have it for that price. I would agree with Meg on at least asking .10 to .15c. per sq. ft. to make it worth it. Have you seen all the buildings? How much furniture needs to be moved? I'm regretting agreeing to go look at 4,600 sq. ft. commercial tomorrow because the admin assistant said they were "collecting quotes" to send to corporate. We won't be the cheapest and that is what corporate will be looking for I'm sure.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
My back hurts just thinking about wanding that much carpet. I would be at .14 a square ft. but am much too old and cranky to take on those big jobs. Anything over 4000 sq. ft. and I'll have to pass and let the young fellows have.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
3 guys / crew (1 running zipper, 1 prespray, 1 managing hose), zipper super spinner, autofill, autodump machine. Start up and keep rotating. 10 to 15 cents /sqft. Do not know the production rate with a zipper but that would be the only way of not killing yourself.

Reactions: Bryce C
Name
Lee Stockwell
We declined bidding on a similar local project. They were using a 3rd party "management" company to direct and pay for the job. That company has a weasel reputation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom