Prochem Everest just shuts down after running for 20 minutes

Here is the problems I was having and what I have done to fix them. The machine has always run fine on low.

-First the machine would not shut down but it also wouldn't run in medium or high for an extended period without stalling and bogging down. We thought the switch (low, medium, high) was bad and replaced it, but it did not fix the problem.

- Next in line was cleaning all the screens and the temp orifice. Same problem. After calling prochem, I learned that the everest has a supply gas line and a return gas line. My return line was run back to the supply line. The return line is supposed to run back to the tank. This allows the fuel to cool down, and my fuel was getting too hot hence the poor performace.

- I had the return line run back to the filler neck, and reset the computer (ECU). Now the machine would run only 15 minutes or so before shutting down on medium. We replaced the plugs which were badly fouled and the computer was giving a rich fuel reading. We replaced the switch again because prochem told us to. Same problem.

- The machine just shuts down after heating up. I put about 10 hg on the vac blower and set the temp to hot and had a solution hose cracked open to simulate cleaning, and the machine shut down after 20 minutes. The machine does not give any signal or trouble codes so the engine or water is not overheating.

- We also replaced the ground wire. I am beginning to think the engine oil may be heating up. The machine has a engine oil pressure switch and the ground could be bad.

Any thoughts as to what I should look for?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
You have asked this question before. owning an everest I could be wrong since you haven't checked your spark plugs arcing out and replaced the spark plug boots. I actually put boot protectors on them

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's liquid cooled?

If so have you check the antifreeze level?

Its working for 20-minutes and then shutting down would tell me the high temp shut down is killing the unit.

If so add antifreeze and you're good to go.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
chavez shut up. It is an arcing in the spark plug boot. No one diagnosed it in mine it turned up when I explained I could get it running longer if I adjusted the boot. I replaced the boot and put a boot protectior and no problems

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Greg shut your boot!
1230.gif

:lol:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I can't wait to go to topeka kansas. My foot hasn't been lodged up an ass in years

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Damn. I thought the Everest would be my next machine. I saw one at Michigan Maintainance Supply last month and it looked awesome. I guess it's a POS. I'll stick to direct drive units. Dump it and buy a Butler or WM. That way when problems occur any mechanic in your city will fix it in one day.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Matt Murdock said:
I can't wait to go to topeka kansas. My foot hasn't been lodged up an ass in years

Do you know how gay that sounds?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The EVEREST is an awesome machine. I got a bad connector and it turns out the bad connector isn't only in mine. the only thing you need to do is keep a clean fuel filter and make sure there aren't any arcs

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Check the wires in the dark it will flash if it is arcing to ground.

My guess is the oil is too thin and pressure drops when it gets hot, tripping the sensor, or the ECU.

It will be in the last place you look.

Tony

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Which Everest? Nissan Carb.Nissan EFI or Hyundai. If it is EFI or Hyundai your distributor SHOULD have the computer programs to tell you exactly what the shut down code is. Once you figure out the shutdown code then you can figure out the cause. I would be happy to throw the computer on it but that would be one helluva drive for you.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My 1995 405 Performer had a similar problem. It would run fine and then.....boom, it would shut off. Mine was the Nissan carbed engine. I would crank it and crank it....no start. Then when I tried again, it would start. After a weekend of frustration, I started checking wires, and found that the yellow wire going into the coil was just loose enough to lose contact after warming up. The wire was still in the terminal, but not making contact after heating up. Fixed it and checked all the other connnectors and secured them.

Check your wires for loose connections.

Of course i also bypassed all the other "safetys" because they were becoming problems, too.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Poor Daniel...

He has been fighting this GREMLIN...for at least 6 months....

You guys MIGHT want to follow his post's. Because the same problem is coming your WAY...!!

The problem is "ETHANOL"...The fuel we are recieveing is "SHIT".... :(

What daniel is saying is ...the unit will just "QUIT" at 20 minutes...NO deiseling..No Arcing..
No misfire ...JUST DEAD STOP.!!!

The malfuntion is simalar to a sensor KILL SWITCH...
The ETHANOL is eating ANY and all rubber ..O-RING'S...

The problem is EXTREEME here in fla...I went to external fuel tanks..on all my UNITS..
I have replaced 4 fuel pumps in 8 months... :evil: They will last aprox 20 hrs... :roll:

Fla. Fish & Game Division....Has been fighting this PROBLEM for a year ....They could
not keep their marine engine's running...the fuel was destroying ever rubber part in their
engines...

The MYSTERY is ...the 15 to 20 minute..shut down...It is anyones GUESS... :?:
I assumed it was a temp. problem... :?

My THEORY is...It takes 20 hrs...to damage the internal workings of the fuel pump..
Then...the pump is OVERHEATING...& stops pumping fuel....Once the flow STOPS...
The engine will simply run out of fuel & STOP.....!

It drove me CRAZY..... :evil:

PS..Daniel...if you have the OLD plugs...? Smell them..You will probabily find that it is
rubber....They will have the SAME appearance as running RICH.. :wink: Also..Check the
inside walls of your fuel lines for damage...

Greenie

Since somebody is gonna ask it anyways....might as well be me, (it's the #1 reason I don't want to sell a high tech engine based truckmount).

If you don't have a prochem dealer within an hour, what are you to do to solve the problem on this Hyundai engine?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Greenie said:

Since somebody is gonna ask it anyways....might as well be me, (it's the #1 reason I don't want to sell a high tech engine based truckmount).

If you don't have a prochem dealer within an hour, what are you to do to solve the problem
on this Hyundai engine?

Hey Jeff...

I don't have a..."ROLEX"...dealer with-in a 1 hour drive..... :roll:

But I still ....buy the...BEST.... :wink:

ps..even though a timex....keeps better time.... :oops:

Greenie

Can a redneck like me "buy" that computer diagnostics software and cable?

Or do I have to acquire it?

Harp....best....lol

joe harper

Name
joe harper
jeff.. :lol:

My Everest 650 HP...Had its 1000 hrs service today...It has NOT had any promlems in the
1121 hrs... :D

Now ...with that said...YOU want to BUY it..... :shock:
I purchased the "worry free"...warranty when it was new...FREE labor & got serviced every
100 hrs... :roll: (its over now)

"LIKE YOU SAY.." If this bitch breaks....it will cost a fortune... :(

I LOVE my old NISSAN engines... 8) ...I can fix anything on them...If the everest has any
issues...I am at the Distys MERCY... :evil:

First sign of trouble....it is going to LES....to strip her DOWN.... :lol:

It is a Nissan engine by the way. It is not giving an error code. Well it did when we ran the fuel lines correctly and relpacing the plugs solved that problem. Prochem told me when a machine shuts down and gives no computer code then the only solution is to just start checking things on a list until the problem is solved. The engine or water is not overheating and the computer senses everything is fine. I was told to check the oil sensor which shuts the machine down if the engine runs out of oil or if the level gets low. The ground wire may be bad and heating up. I have been using this machine since June and it runs all day long on low and has never shut down. Tommorow I am going to run it on low and set the hg at 10 with water flowing through a solution line simulating cleaning. If it runs for 45 minutes then I can just keep cleaning with the machine on low until I get the problem solved. If it shuts down then it is something to do with the fuel lines. It is weird. It is running fine, the engine has the right amount of oil, the water is not getting too hot, and bam it just shuts down. The Everest is great and does everything I could need it too, but I will make sure the next machine I purchase gives me a competitive advantage, is easy to work on, easily dual wands, very dependable, fuel efficient, and has a proven track record. That machine has yet to be built.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
The Everest is great and does everything I could need it too, but I will make sure the next machine I purchase gives me a competitive advantage, is easy to work on, easily dual wands, very dependable, fuel efficient, and has a proven track record. That machine has yet to be built.

"INSERT JUDSON COMMERCIAL HERE..._________________________________________:lol:"

HARPER said:
danielc said:
The Everest is great and does everything I could need it too, but I will make sure the next machine I purchase gives me a competitive advantage, is easy to work on, easily dual wands, very dependable, fuel efficient, and has a proven track record. That machine has yet to be built.

"INSERT JUDSON COMMERCIAL HERE..._________________________________________:lol:"
PictureorVideo034.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Leslie Judson Jones said:
HARPER said:
danielc said:

"INSERT JUDSON COMMERCIAL HERE...__DEEP THOUGHT, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT_______________________________________:lol:"
PictureorVideo034.jpg

Greenie

One more:

All things said.......thank Gawd for propane heaters....make 98% of the "need" for complicated stuff ...go away.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I remember Judson's being pretty common twenty five years ago. What happened that they "went away" for so long, other than the private label Sunbelt Steamex machines?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom