Prochem Pro Caps Machine

russgolfer

Anyone seen one of these in person or used one? The handles look kind of flimsy in pictures. I saw Jon Don had them on sale for like a little over $1000. Pretty cheap for a new CRB machine. Never used a CRB before. We use a cimex for encap currently but might be nice to have something a little smaller for small spaces and getting in and out of the van. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ

The Preacher

i test drove one at Encapfest. with the sprayer hooked on it was awkward IMO.
other than that it should give you some years of service, not alot to go wrong. if the handle did break just take it to a good machine shop and have them fabricate a good handle!

I have an icapsol machine, they look identicle. I think it is the same machine with a different name on it. Paid 1295 for it from R.Gelinas (excellant supply). I love this machine to work in prespray. Much lighter than roto(175). First one they shipped me had a broken handle right out of the box. Rick imediately sent me another, no problems after that. Going on 6 months now. This tool is a must have for me. I don't put a sprayer on mine. Thanks Ron

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Russ;

I've demoed the ProCaps cylindrical brush machine a few times.

I think it is a beefier design than the GLS machine (LOMAC®). I like the timing belt drive, similar to the one on the Certified Pile Brush. Quieter than a gear driven machine.

Since it is made in the U.S.A., parts will be less expensive, and more readily available.

The factory spray setup is not ideal (one jet), but with a few different components, it performs much better.

Larry Cobb

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I saw a demo of one on CGD and the machine hopped all around.

One should wait for the improvements that are to come out in the late fall.

Jon Don does have the best price I've seen.

I'd like to see more price wars between distributors to get our business.

I don't subscribe to the notion of being "Local distributor loyal"

All the time.

Many have gouged the local guys for years and because of the internet we now have more choices.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
This is a good product. I have this and the cimex. I miss the tank that the cimex can provide for time savings.

I used it today for a spot clean on a big commercial job that someone spilled a fresh cup of coffee and mentioned to me that I might have missed a spot. Yeah right. It was on the 3rd floor. Took it up with some double strength encap juice and gone in 2 mintues. Very easy to pick up and handle.

Prescrub for carpet and tile, it is a breeze.

bc

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the machines are the same

I have one and had to have it repaired, took a month, but I did run the piss out of it, it has been fine since

it is great for prescrub but I wouldn't try to encap with it

mine has not bounced around yet on any carpet we have used it on

new version is already out, it has a pressurized spray system for about $2000

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
motor started making some clicking noise and it was a fiasco with the wrong parts for it after that

had to talk to the Prochem rep at a CAD day to get it fixed

only one set of brushes are made for it at the moment, needs stiffer brushes for it to be an encap machine

R

R W

I tried one out on Saturday at a PC CAD. It had a tendecy to bounce around on low nap commercial carpet. But it would make a sweet agitation tool.

Back
Top Bottom