Procyon or Prolon?

R

R W

I've used Procyon for 15+ years, but I have changed to Soapfree from Masterblend. Procyon has priced itself out of the market, basically.

I tried Prolon, but didn't like it. It just didn't work for me.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Soapfree is STTP, sodium carbonate (washing soda) and a "wetting agent" of some sort. If the Chemistry Store were closer to where I Live I'd make my own, but by the time shipping is added I end up paying the same as retail. But for those of you who are not far from South Carolina; What are you waiting for??? www.chemistrystore.com

BTW Does anyone know of a good resource on the West coast for STTP and other Raw Chems?

Farenheit251

I liked Prolon for what it was. But came to the conclusion that I was better off just running a very light dilution of reqular emulsifier w/ soft water. Also i can crank up the dial for nasties.

R

R W

The only problem I see with the "mix your own" STTP is liability. IF you should have a "problem customer", and they're claiming some problem with your cleaning solution, what will you tell the court? "Well, Your Honor....I mix my own chemicals....a little bit of this....a little bit of that".

Man, that would open you up to a myraid of legal problems. I'd prefer to at least have a company brand with MSDS info.

Soap Free from Master Blend is just STTP ........................

Do you think Master Blend is that dumb to have bought Soap Free from the guy in SoCal if thats all it is ?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If any Procyon or Soap Free users want to try Prolon, I will send you a coupon for a free gallon to compare. Send me your email or mailing address. I'll get the coupon out right away.

Just let me know which product you are currently using.

I do ask that you use an entire gallon of Prolon before making up your mind. There are too many variables to decide about a product based on one job.

I expect you will get similar results but with an easier to use and safer product.

Scott Warrington

John Olson

Name
John Olson
And when Scott sends you that coupon send it to me instead and i will send you Procyon or Soap Free depending on which one you are already using so you don't have to bother with the Prolon..... :lol: (Sorry Scott I owed ya one :p )

G

Prolon dilutes (a liquid) at something like 32 oz. per HF container. SoapFree is a powder that uses 16 oz. per HF. Your (and my) money goes a lot farther using powders.

I love the way the Soapfree cleans too! Chris M. turned me on to it a year or so ago!

Scott Rogers

So Scott, you are saying at the strongest dilution in a HF (9-1) you need 72oz of prolon :roll:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Scott Rogers said:
So Scott, you are saying at the strongest dilution in a HF (9-1) you need 72oz of prolon :roll:

Thanks, Scott for bringing my attention back to this. I was not thinking about all the possible dilution rates for HydroForce sprayers.

For a HF at 8-1 dilution (pretty common) the normal dilution would be 36 ounces per jug. (40 to 1). Strongest dilution would be 32: 1 or 45 ounces.

Sorry for the incorrect information above.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom