Proteam ProGen 12" wide upright....

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
anyone running one daily, comments? and if so did you own the previous xp1200?
I own 2. One for the home and one for occassional large cleaning projects. I have also owned the XP 1500s.

I like the conveneince features of the new models, easier use of tools, easier to keep the brush rool and air pathway clean, easier replacement of belts, brushes and bags.

The vacuum performance is similar to the XP1500 model.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's an impressive video. I like the fact that it has a bag, hate cleaning out the shark. Very versatile but I am sure it comes with a hefty price tag.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ive tried the Proteams, Windsors, Sebos and the other versions of that style and have never been impressed.

Pile carpet just never gets groomed and lifted much or at all.

Sharks and Dyson do so well due to the agro long bristles...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ive tried the Proteams, Windsors, Sebos and the other versions of that style and have never been impressed.

Pile carpet just never gets groomed and lifted much or at all.

Sharks and Dyson do so well due to the agro long bristles...
at the shop I have a variety of vacuums. The shark works ok but not on deep pile carpets, keeps bogging down and tripping the brushroll breaker. For thicker carpets I use my Panasonic commercial. You can really feel it digging into the carpet pile. If that doesn't work, I break out the pile lifter.

Mikey P

Administrator
We get six or 8 months of heavy use.

Since we put Kirby's on the trucks they are lasting much longer.

The brush roll motor dies first.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
We get six or 8 months of heavy use.

Since we put Kirby's on the trucks they are lasting much longer.

The brush roll motor dies first.
Then why on earth would you recommend a vacuum that doesn't last more than a year, when the other commercial branded ones can last 7-10years

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
Then why on earth would you recommend a vacuum that doesn't last more than a year, when the other commercial branded ones can last 7-10years
Matt I saw that video u made and know u love your royal vacuum. I have a few Kirby's and I know the beat the crap out of the carpet but there is a reason why nobody or no company that I know uses them. They are just too bloody heavy and have no attachments. I'd much rather have a light weight, plastic vacuum like a shark or sanitaire upright with onboard tools. I'm an O/o and take care of my vacuum so I usually get 2 years of use out of them before I retire them. Everytime I busy out my Kirby I start hating it after a few days.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt I saw that video u made and know u love your royal vacuum. I have a few Kirby's and I know the beat the crap out of the carpet but there is a reason why nobody or no company that I know uses them. They are just too bloody heavy and have no attachments. I'd much rather have a light weight, plastic vacuum like a shark or sanitaire upright with onboard tools. I'm an O/o and take care of my vacuum so I usually get 2 years of use out of them before I retire them. Everytime I busy out my Kirby I start hating it after a few days.
My royal can give me some lower back pain also after using it for a long time. I know how you feel. You cant beat the convenience of those lightweighters.

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
My royal can give me some lower back pain also after using it for a long time. I know how you feel. You cant beat the convenience of those lightweighters.
To be honest I'm not too picky with my vacuums. As long as it does its job and has onboard tools I'm good. I think we as cleaners get all excited debating which vacum to by, truck mounts etc etc. I've yet to be asked by a client what vacuum I use.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
To be honest I'm not too picky with my vacuums. As long as it does its job and has onboard tools I'm good. I think we as cleaners get all excited debating which vacum to by, truck mounts etc etc. I've yet to be asked by a client what vacuum I use.
But if there was only one vacuum and one truckmount brand , then we wouldn't have any need to argue, which would defeat the purpose of Mikeysboard

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
They have on attachments? Haven't you ever seen the beach ball inflator, or the paint sprayer?

Name
Kevin De Medeiros
But if there was only one vacuum and one truckmount brand , then we wouldn't have any need to argue, which would defeat the purpose of Mikeysboard[/QUOTE
That's true. Point being there are a lot of vacuums out there but seems to me like, with truck mounts, there's always a flavour of the month on the boards. As long as is does what u need it to do efficiently , effectively, and isn't like ur lugging a sack of potatoes around then it should be good.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom