Protecting floors from hoses

steve_64

Mark Saiger what do you guys use to protect the floors from damage by hoses and what not?

Got a job that I need to cross about 50 feet of travertine that got chipped by the last cleaner. Close to my best residential job yet. Time to up my game some more.

I don't think a seal a door would work here, giant iron doors rounded on top, but it's on the list.

She got me from the internet. It was my reviews that made her call. A contractor referred someone else but she wants me!

KIMG0306.jpg

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
Shubee is a great company with great customer service and have exactly what you need. They have all kinds of floor protection. I also like there shoe covers. www shubee com

steve_64

I use their shoes covers. I'll have to check them out.

I was thinking about moving blankets.

Ron K

We use ORC Pad scraps . Usually 12' long and real easy to work with.

EDS

Name
Ed
Be happy to pay the extra $11... paying double the price up here in kanada...
Woe is me:angry:

EDS

Name
Ed
Will our solution hoses damage a waxed floor. Gave a quote for some commercial and they what I think to be a concrete floor with wax on top. You can kinda see it on the periphery of the pic...

Attachments

• IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 171

EDS

Name
Ed
On a side note...if anyone from Vancouver has LOTS of experience with stripping and waxing/ sealing ALL floor types (including natural stone) shoot me a PM.

I told him I don't offer that service ( maintenance manager is my contact) but said it should cost $3 per sqft to do. He had done it himself and said he would not be doing it again. It looked crappy. Laid on to thick and bubbles everywhere... but when I said the price he did not bat an eye.

But that's if I get the carpet. Talked to my buddy at CRS and he is one third the price. I found out today that we both bid on it. But I have a good feeling about it. The maintance manger walked me down to reception and we exchanged cards. But I did not have a card on me so I had to go to my van. He followed. I showed him the zipper/ CRB and it felt so good to show my equipment in a clean well organized van...

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Jeff T
Mark Saiger what do you guys use to protect the floors from damage by hoses and what not?

Got a job that I need to cross about 50 feet of travertine that got chipped by the last cleaner. Close to my best residential job yet. Time to up my game some more.

I don't think a seal a door would work here, giant iron doors rounded on top, but it's on the list.

She got me from the internet. It was my reviews that made her call. A contractor referred someone else but she wants me!

View attachment 70386

Absher Carpet

Name
Jonathan Absher
Yes, an end corner may flip up from time to time but other than that no movement. Roll and unroll quick and easy. They are made for the furniture moving industry.

Mikey P

Administrator
lol...no...just seeing if you guys are paying attention.

There is nothing better than Protect.

water proof
cleanable
packs up nice and tidy
looks way more professional than tarps and blankets
lasts forever

Reactions: EDS

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

View attachment 70386

I have been using these neoprene floor coverings for some time now. We cut these 20 foot units down to 10 foot.

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Movin...et-Shields/27-x-20-Neoprene-Floor-Runner-Blue

Also have some Canvas with Poly Coating Tarps for other types of floor protection at times when doing furniture, or more types of protection needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Essentials-4...-2&keywords=paint+essentials+canvas+with+poly

the Neoprene have been good for us lately

Absher Carpet

Name
Jonathan Absher
image.jpg
Stays put on stairs also. Can be purchased in 100 ft. Rolls, I just never need more than 40ft. cutting to 10 ft. Is not a bad idea easier than doubling over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 127

EDS

Name
Ed
Cost for 50ft of Pro-Tect a floor $186.02....delivery date March 08
Having to clean 3 rooms upstair AND not the stairs makes it priceless...
Marketing value....worth its money
Added value to customer...

186.02 makes it a worth while investment if it lasts...

Reactions: Mark Saiger

EDS

Name
Ed
Wow 10 days and still have not received. Utter crap. Ordered from a "Canadian" distributor but it was shipped out of the US. Couldn't imagine waiting for a floor machine...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom