Protector on new Stainless Steel Fridge!!!

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Got a call from a client. It seems one of my guys was applying a solvent based sealer to the grout and some over spray got onto her new oven and fridge... not totally sure how at this point but has anyone ever had this happen? She said she tried cleaning it off and it won't come off. Good grief.....

Able 1

Name
Keith
Just use a traffic lane cleaner that is over 12PH, right? :lol:

Name
Steve Lawrence
Not much help this time but it may be a good idea to always cover the bottom foot or two of ss appliances with paper or plastic for the whole job.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I dont know if it will get that far but covers can be ordered instead of replacing the entire appliance. If the homeower isnt happy with that you could also check on coverage with your insurance carrier.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah I told her I would replace the oven and fridge if it came down to it but that I wanted to come out and see if I could remove the etches/cleaner from the fridge.

Would a solvent sealer leave marks on stainless steel? Seems like a stainless polish would take it right off. I know acid wouldn't.

danbrown

You should be able to use Barkeepers Friend to remove the marks. Make it into a peanut butter like paste and apply it to the affected areas. Let it sit for a few minutes, then work it in with the grain using a terry towel. You can finish up with a product like Sheila Shine to help even it out with the rest of the fridge.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Since ammonia and WD40 are things i have I will shoot for that. If for some reason it was acid, I may need to try something else. Will post back tomorrow with results after I visit this home.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Ben many years ago I used muriatic acid at a 7 to 1 dillution to clean grout haze of a tile install in a new church fellowship hall. A couple of days later the GC called and said there was a problem with metal fixtures in the bathrooms. Lots of dis coloration kind of smokey looking spots every where on stainless and chrome. I got some stainless polish I believe it was Sheila Shine in the flat can (it has been some time) was able to get everything out and everyone was happy. It took quite a bit of time and patience but end results were very goog. Hope this helps if needed.

PS I learned what proper ventilation means from that, if I'd had it there wouldn't have been a problem.

S

sam miller

I cleaned with oxyblaster yesterday and the guy said there were spot on his brand new steainless steel stove at the bottom he used the stainless steel cleaner and it didnt remove it.

funny thing is a I dont remember getting anything on it at all he said there was some on the handle too.

going to look tomorrow, does oxyblaster hurt stainless?????

and would the suggested products in thos thread work????

John Olson

Name
John Olson
And this is why you charge $1 a ft so you will actually do the job right. Base boards up 12" should be taped and plastic. Transitions should have absorbent drop cloths. Things a professional doesn't have to be told to do. If your going to offer services as a professional then you should perform as a professional.

Ok rant over...

Name
Lee Stockwell
We did three kitchens in the Curris Center at Murray State, lots of stainless. ServiceMaster had the construction cleaning bid but couldn't get the stainless clean after something happened doing the floors.

Lots of voodoo and hard work later everything looked great.

Two products already noted in this thread got most of it and surprisingly Endust made it look awesome.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm wondering if it is really stainless steel? It could be just imitation or stainless steel with a clearcoat on it.

Also you should ask your guy what he used- if its protector or acid pretreatment for the grout..before you try to correct it.

So many homes don't have real stainless appliances...like the real stuff in restaurant kitchens.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So many homes don't have real stainless appliances...like the real stuff in restaurant kitchens.
I've seen Jimmy naked I hope it is, they charged me like it was. However my dishwasher matches the other appliances in the kitchen but magnets will stick to it so I doubt it is stainless steel.

Mikey P

Administrator

Dane Gregory teach a class at your shop lately?

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Mikey P said:
[quote="John Olson":3tmzkq84]And this is why you charge $1 a ft so you will actually do the job right. Base boards up 12" should be taped and plastic. Transitions should have absorbent drop cloths. Things a professional doesn't have to be told to do. If your going to offer services as a professional then you should perform as a professional.

Ok rant over...

Dane Gregory teach a class at your shop lately?[/quote:3tmzkq84]

That's funny, I took his class.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom