PTOS & Plug Wires

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
How often do you guys replace your plug wires? Mine only last a year or less. $200.00 a set at the dealer. I am wrapping them with exhaust wrap this time. bought a set from kragen one time and only got like 6 months out of them.

Any suggestions besides buy a slide-in

Thank You

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mine were replaced after five years at 50K on my 03 Express when I had a tune-up. Mechanic said they were toast. Maybe yours' are still good even if they don't look so hot. In any event, try leaving your hood up in the hot weather. I do that. Custys will ask,"Is something wrong with your van?" LOL

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
What kind of van and engine? I had a Chevy with a 305 that use to eat wires on a regular basis.
I have a GMC with a 350 that have been on 7 years.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
The van has the 5.7 in it. The original plug wires made it the longest. I leave the hood up and have noticed hoses last a lot longer. I just bought wires from the dealer and hope they last a little longer.
I'm building a slide in and hope to finish it soon.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Try high performance racing wires from msd or accel. i bet they would with stand the heat better. And they are probably cheaper than buying from the dealer. Call summit racing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
SRI Cleaning said:
Try high performance racing wires from msd or accel. i bet they would with stand the heat better. And they are probably cheaper than buying from the dealer. Call summit racing.

tru-dat
and Summit racing is right down the road from me.
It's a cool store

here's another thought, why not buy the life time warranty wires at Autozone?
You might have to replace them still, but at least you'll never have to "pay" for another set

and I'm sorry, but you guys must look awful darn corny with your HOOD open in Mrs Phiff's driveway... :roll:

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
and I'm sorry, but you guys must look awful darn corny with your HOOD open in Mrs Phiff's driveway... :roll:

..L.T.A.

It does, I try not to do it unless it's 110 degrees. Otherwise, the electric fans on my 09 Express seem to keep up really well.

John Watson

NAPA has wire sets with lifetime warranty, got a set on the caddy. Has never been a problem on my shaftdrive units, Put a new set on at 100,000 mi tune up, now at 157,000

Back
Top Bottom