Pump Clutch

Farenheit251

When cooling down my machine I noticed the pump clicking off and on. Cat 290 w/3000 hrs. I'm assuming the pump clutch is going bad. Sound right? Is the clutch part of the pulley where I just replace the whole thing.
A brief tutorial on pump clutches would be much appreciated.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when I replaced mine it came as an entire assembly...pulley and clutch......

Farenheit251

Thanks, I was hoping it was all one seems easier to replace. I did play with the wires and it appears to be working now but tomorrow will tell.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I got a new clutch for my Cat 340 from Windtrax. I think it was under $200 with shipping.

John Watson

Ronnie, My JEM shaft drive is an 88 model the Original clutch was replaced in 2003, It still works perfectly, changed from twin belt drive when we switched the unit for its 4th van and hooked up the new vans serpintine belt system. One belt set up has worked flawlessly for the past 6 -7 years..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you have to engage the clutch before you bring the blower all the way up and disengage it after you bring the blower all the way down or they will spin the bolt out that holds it all on........isn't that right Marty......

John Watson

Ronnie, I believe mine is a 4M on the Jem, but I have #5 blowwers on a Steam Vac system and a Turbo Tec Shaft Drive that Claude designed and both work well with an elec clutch.

I start the system at idol then speed eng up for what we are doing,

Idle for cleaning uph lower psi to 300

1800 for carpets and psi set at 800.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom