Pump outs

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just wondering what guys are using for pump outs, if using any at all. This is an old one I've had for 20 years. Simple and easy to use. Yes Ofer, I have more than one.
IMG_20180421_151830.jpg

MerCrewser

I've had great luck with the in tank types. They just run. About every 5 years I have to replace the bilge pump. I'm going with the comet diaphragm pump on my new machine though.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I think that came out more than 20 years ago. The idea was to show/plexiglass the neighbors all the dirt that was coming out I think. Suppose to help you get new business.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Comet here. Had one on my old Performer I sold years ago and have one on my Apex I use now.

Oh, and once I sell the Apex in a month or so, my new Titan 575 will have one too!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Not only does it work it stops you from ever having to stop to dump and most of not all of the water doesn’t go to your water tank.

Other than the pain in the ass to carry/setup and clean out it works very well.

Legend brands has one as well it is just bigger and has the capability to boost vacuum. But same concepts.

Reactions: roro

roro

Name
Ross Craig
What DealTimeMan said plus....Also enables much longer hose runs as positioning the pump-out close to wand means just air coming back to your machine.
roro

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Does it not cause any loss in suction due to adding blockage or disturbance in the vacuum flow? What about filter? Is there one in it that is needed, and does it get full of sand and debris?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Jabsco bilge pump with Johnson floats....upper to turn it on and a lower to turn it off.....so simple!

If you guys had the knowledge that Lee and i BOTH have......all yor hEDs would blow off.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Does it not cause any loss in suction due to adding blockage or disturbance in the vacuum flow? What about filter? Is there one in it that is needed, and does it get full of sand and debris?
Anything that you put in line will cause some loss in vacuum. There is a large filter screen running from top to bottom that keeps debris from clogging up the pump. Very simple and effective design. I only use it on large jobs that exceed my waste tank capacity. I can run all day without having to dump. I like the idea of having the built in pump outs but I hear a lot of guys have problems with them.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
You MIGHT be surprised by how many people do not know which way to turn a wrench. ......
Now turn that nut and bolt upside down......

And ya got most of em.....

Reactions: Nomad74

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Bawb-

You want simple?

You want reliable?

You want inexpensive?

...and it's out of sight inside the waste tank!

Got one that has no motor to ever replace, and will perform flawlessly for weeks with no attention to it's filter pumping 25 GPM even keeping up with flood jobs!

Reactions: Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Simple......
Reliable
Inexpensive. ......all good things!

Btw.....its SUPPOSED to be inside the waste tank

Ok...show me.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Bawb-

You want simple?

You want reliable?

You want inexpensive?

...and it's out of sight inside the waste tank!

Got one that has no motor to ever replace, and will perform flawlessly for weeks with no attention to it's filter pumping 25 GPM even keeping up with flood jobs!
Sounds too good to be true. I want one.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I might, but I'll have to look for it.

The pump simply sits on the floor of the recovery tank. If your tank has a sloped bottom, place it at the lowest point. I put a knee-high over the pond pump's filter. I am able to operate for weeks without having to attend to it. It discharges thru a garden hose up to 150'.

The pump is a completely sealed elctro-magnet which powers a steel shaft impeller, so there are no motor parts to wear out. I have used one of these pumps for 14 straight years, only having to once replace the impeller ($35).

I do have a parts list of what and where to get them if interested.

At the end of the day, I place the dump hose (2" vac hose) on the ground and dump that last bit of dirty water back at the shop so crud doesn't accumulate on the APO filter day after each day.

I am currently using it cleaning at single digits with no problem freezing.

This setup is so reliable I don't know how I ever got along without it! I have it on my slide-in and my ETM. (Reliable to me, is to never have to worry about something going wrong as you are setting up for a job).

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Bob's pump out is awesome. And it runs on on less then 1 amp if I remember correctly. Mag drive pumps can run continuously 24 hrs a day for years. The Savage Extreme Beast, those were good times, Bob!

Reactions: Bob Savage

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I might, but I'll have to look for it.

The pump simply sits on the floor of the recovery tank. If your tank has a sloped bottom, place it at the lowest point. I put a knee-high over the pond pump's filter. I am able to operate for weeks without having to attend to it. It discharges thru a garden hose up to 150'.

The pump is a completely sealed elctro-magnet which powers a steel shaft impeller, so there are no motor parts to wear out. I have used one of these pumps for 14 straight years, only having to once replace the impeller ($35).

I do have a parts list of what and where to get them if interested.

At the end of the day, I place the dump hose (2" vac hose) on the ground and dump that last bit of dirty water back at the shop so crud doesn't accumulate on the APO filter day after each day.

I am currently using it cleaning at single digits with no problem freezing.

This setup is so reliable I don't know how I ever got along without it! I have it on my slide-in and my ETM. (Reliable to me, is to never have to worry about something going wrong as you are setting up for a job).

sounds great Bob ...
but wth turns it on and off?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I hillbillied (no offense to over sensitive hillbillies anywhere) a sewage sump pump in tank

used water tight electrical conduit fittings thru tank for power and discharge

075-1.jpg
076-2.jpg

obviously you need 110 vt AC
That's an extension cord to go with discharge hose (I used 3/4" com rubber hose)

and if smart, prob'ly a GFCI circuit too......

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom