Pump outs

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
sounds great Bob ...
but wth turns it on and off?
A simple float switch mounted about 14" from the bottom of the tank. That way the tank never gets close to being full, so it never has any foam problems due to soap already in the carpet while cleaning (overzealous customer spot cleaning).

There is also a 3/4" one way check valve inside the tank. Pumps out using a standard garden hose. When done cleaning the tank will empty itself thru the discharge hose without the pump running so tank is always just about empty.

Total cost for parts is around $200. I can post a parts list if anyone is interested.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Bob's pump out is awesome. And it runs on on less then 1 amp if I remember correctly. Mag drive pumps can run continuously 24 hrs a day for years. The Savage Extreme Beast, those were good times, Bob!
Yes, they were Bill.

How are you and Eva doing my friend?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
A simple float switch mounted about 14" from the bottom of the tank. That way the tank never gets close to being full, so it never has any foam problems due to soap already in the carpet while cleaning (overzealous customer spot cleaning).

There is also a 3/4" one way check valve inside the tank. Pumps out using a standard garden hose. When done cleaning the tank will empty itself thru the discharge hose without the pump running so tank is always just about empty.

Total cost for parts is around $200. I can post a parts list if anyone is interested.
That does sound good....
My Johnson floats were a pita....

Name
Swani

I would like to see a list.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I would like to see a list.
Here is the info for the new APO for the Savage, or any other truckmount or portable that is out there. I am sharing this because it really works great, and I no longer manufacture the Savage ETM's, so I would like to help fellow carpet cleaners if I can.

You will need these parts:

APO pump and filter-

APO pump, 2nd pump from the bottom of the page. It is the 1800 GPH pump, which is 30 GPM of discharge.

You will also need this filter for the pump. Cover the filter with a knee high after installing the filter onto the discharge side of the pump.

Float switch from WWGrainger part # 3BY58. Order online if you haven't got a local WW Graingers.

From Windtrax (1-800-443-0676) 3/4" check valve part# 687-12F12F-B. This check valve goes on the inside of recovery tank

PVC 3/4" threaded male coupling, 2-PVC 3/4" hose Barbs -
2 PVC couplings, threaded 3/4 MPT one end, press glue fit the other end. You will glue a very short piece of 3/4" pipe into one of these fittings (no longer then the inside depth of the coupling to where it bottoms out so when you glue the second one on from the outside and press, it will fit tight against the wall of the tank).

Silicone all holes in tank from inside and outside, after wires or fittings have been installed.

Brass 3/4" MPT X MHT (Male garden hose thread) - Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc.

3/4" close pipe nipple, PVC or ABS.

25' foot length of 3/4" garden hose (I prefer black rubber hose vs.vinyl).

You will also need to drill a hole at the top of the tank for the 3/4" discharge hose to attach to. Hole size is the size of the outside diameter of a 3/4" piece of PVC pipe, and drill a hole for the float switch (5/16") electrical wire (Drill hole in recovery tank side, 10".or higher. I recommend using Tap Magic cutting fluid on your drill bit for stainless steel. I use Cobalt bits for stainless.

Once you get everything, contact me if you have any questions pertaining to the installation, and I'll go through where things have to go, etc.

Bob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom