Puppies in Paradise Part 3! Florida 2017

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So, now it's not just the hair dresser who knows for sure.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mark a way I have doubled my vacations that might be of interest. I often drive to my vacation area---like Arizona, Texas, etc. Vacation a bit --find some great mountain bike trails hopefully---and hang out a bit. Then I park my mini motorhome (another story) and fly home. I work a couple of weeks or a month and then fly back, get my rig and vacation on the way home again. If you take one week with weekends that is 11 days. Then you take another week with two weekends that is another 11 days. So for 2 weeks off work I get 22 days of vacation.

How to fly back and forth cheaply. Everything I buy in my business and life I pay with my airline points cards. Last minute flights with United points are 12,500 miles and $80 as long as there are seats left on the plane. I generate 200-400k points a year.

I cannot plan further away than the next 20 minutes so my flights are usually last minute bookings. If you book the flight 2 weeks or more ahead of time the flights are 12,500 points and $5.

Try to plan your turn around area somewhere that has good connections to the local airport.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I bristled a little the first time.

I let her shop while I went to get coffee, was offered Sr price (really?), and a few minutes later same guy told Theresa: "your father is sitting over there".

She loved it. Too much. 25 yrs ago. She came up smiling and said too loudly: "Hi Daddy!"

I would think that could be a lot of fun to work with----

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

20170131_125751.jpg
20170131_150133.jpg
Screenshot_20170131-180136.png

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Great times in the middle and southern parts of Florida.

ME and the wife (and puppies) not looking forward to going home to the cold!

We just arrived in Destin for a few days.

I need to be home by the evening of Thurs Feb 9th for huge job.

Start preparing the Butler for the road trip and Mikey's Fest show and trip just few short days after home.

We will be extending our trip longer next year! :rockon:
20170203_192359.jpg
20170203_192528.jpg
20170203_192815.jpg
20170203_192750.jpg
20170203_174408.jpg
20170201_140901.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Entertaining tonight....

Was still good trip and good day until the storm.

So far RV Mobile Office hasn't blown into the pool...

Up early in the morning to winterize and pack up the RV...

Off to see the wizard in Prattville to buy some lunch for a poor pig farmer with just about as many tools as me now :) @hogjowl
Screenshot_20170207-174914.png
Screenshot_20170207-174904.png
20170207_121521.jpg
20170207_132708.jpg
20170207_121543.jpg
20170207_132821.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well....reality is setting in again :(

Got up early this morning in Destin, Florida....and had to winterize the RV (Mobile office)

We are heading home....and are in Clarksville TN tonight...and dang....it's cold!

36 above zero....

the boys were out cleaning in -14 degrees below zero this morning.....

Boy did we get "cold weather soft" being gone for the month...

Had a great lunch today with Marty and his better half :)

Drove through some nasty storms later afternoon around Nashville...:(

Going as far as Madison Wi tomorrow night....home in Grand Rapids, MN by Friday.

It should be warmer by than (40 above zero we are hearing)

Big week of work and a lot to get done in a short time, as I take off again in a week for the drive back to St. Petersburg Florida for Mikey's Fest :rockon:

2017-02-08 22.18.26.jpg

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well our trip has been great.!

Today almost major reality check...lots of luck was with us just 2 hours south of Madison Wisconsin on the intestate.

A car about 2 rows in front of us and in front of a semi went rolling about 4 or 5 times sideways... Over and over... on the road and shot in front of us... Into a Barb wire fence in the ditch.... :dejection:

Within a minute of me getting control of the RV, stopped next to the semi... In the middle of oncoming 70 mph traffic... And having blasted through a debris field of car parts....:eekk:

My former racing skills must have kicked in. I can only remember seeing so many things out of my peripheral vision... And seeing oncoming traffic and flooring it!

Quarter mile later just remember people in the ditch to the rescue and tons of traffic bearing down on us. :errf:

We had to keep going to avoid a pile up... Haven't heard tragedies... :frown:

Wife and I wear pretty quiet for next 15 minutes! Talked about it over dinner couple hours later... She still can't believe my reaction.... I can't either!

6.5 hours left to be home and grandbabies waiting to do overnight with us...

I plan on finishing this trip in positive way! :rockon:

20170209_211759.jpg
Screenshot_20170209-205531.png
20170209_194225.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What?, no video? I am surprised you don't have a dash cam. Glad you and the Missus and the dogs all made it through. Lot of scary drivers out there. I was in Saskatchewan one time and on a straight piece of highway, a oncoming minivan shoots right off the highway, into the center median, then shoots off the other way, directly in front of a lot of traffic and runs off the road on the shoulder. I think the driver must have fallen asleep. Luckily, it was all flat land and he didn't hit anyone or get hit.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
What?, no video? I am surprised you don't have a dash cam. Glad you and the Missus and the dogs all made it through. Lot of scary drivers out there. I was in Saskatchewan one time and on a straight piece of highway, a oncoming minivan shoots right off the highway, into the center median, then shoots off the other way, directly in front of a lot of traffic and runs off the road on the shoulder. I think the driver must have fallen asleep. Luckily, it was all flat land and he didn't hit anyone or get hit.

I have been looking for information on the accident. Happened out of Janesville on I 90....but we were talking about it again today....

Just was wild...and we are still counting our blessing!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well....the trip is over....

The Eagles have landed safely at home tonight.

RV and mobile office unloaded....

Lot's to do in next few days here, and then turn around and head back down there

But....what an awesome experience, and just a time for my and Shari (and the Puppies) to reflect on a number of things in our lives....count blessings.....try to pass on blessings to people we were meeting....

There is snow on the ground (but not as long for us now) and the temps were up to around 37 to 40 degrees above zero today (was -14 below yesterday morning when the guys were out working!)

Now....I am really looking forward to Mikey's Fest!

I have a number of new projects going on with Harvard I am anxious to keep pushing and testing....just loving it! :rockon:

Thanks everyone for following (and putting up with so much information from us)

I hope I get to see many of you in Paradise in St. Petersburg Florida....and many blessings to you and your families for an awesome and continued 2017!

2017-02-11 03.20.53.png

2017-02-10 17.09.10.jpg
2017-02-10 17.09.25.jpg
2017-02-10 17.11.18.jpg
2017-02-10 17.11.22.jpg
2017-02-10 17.11.26.jpg
2017-02-10 06.47.45.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you jus never know when the fickle finger of fate is gonna reach out an touch ya........
a big piece of ice blew off the roof of an 18 wheeler and went through a windshield near here .....
i think they lived but were busted up a little........

glad yous kids made it through ok

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
you jus never know when the fickle finger of fate is gonna reach out an touch ya........
a big piece of ice blew off the roof of an 18 wheeler and went through a windshield near here .....
i think they lived but were busted up a little........

glad yous kids made it through ok

Just got word yesterday too that a person who was from Grand Rapids, MN originally, and moved to Minneapolis area.....he was a youth pastor up here I believe, and moved to the twin cities and started up window washing.....

He was killed by a big pile of snow and ice that fell from over 2 stories above him while washing windows....and crushed him....

They couldn't lift the ice chunks off of him....they had to use sledge hammers to bust up the ice to get him out....he died on the way to the hospital

50 years of age :(

Just never know like you say, so I am not waiting around long enough for death to catch me right now!

Gonna keep moving!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom