Question about accounts payable terms

carpetman727

Name
tony
More and more lately I am seeing a trend with my larger accounts, hotels, restaurant groups, large property companies, 60 days seems to be the norm getting paid, is anyone else noticing the same trend?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'd stress the importance of your business to start receiving payments every 30days. You're not a multi million $corporation. You won't get what you don't ask for.

All they can say is no

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I was seeing net 45 the last time I did the big accounts. WTF.... net 30 at the worst come on people!
That puts me a little pissy. It doesn't take 60 days to figure out if you have actually done the job and approve a check.

Name
Jeff T
More and more lately I am seeing a trend with my larger accounts, hotels, restaurant groups, large property companies, 60 days seems to be the norm getting paid, is anyone else noticing the same trend?
I do work for a larger resto company..... They are normally 90-120 day..... It's a catch 22.... When the cheque rolls in, I usually have forgotten about the job.... Kind of a nice day @ the mailbox..... 3-4 months later..... Can't complain, as they have me doing all their cleaning needs...... 2-3 jobs a week....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I do work for a larger resto company..... They are normally 90-120 day..... It's a catch 22.... When the cheque rolls in, I usually have forgotten about the job.... Kind of a nice day @ the mailbox..... 3-4 months later..... Can't complain, as they have me doing all their cleaning needs...... 2-3 jobs a week....
I disagree. It should be way sooner

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I would tell my very large once a year jobs that we would collect a check at the end of the job and that the Manager should have the check available once we finished. I was paid for a 45k job that way.
If a company has a problem with COD then I let them know we can do 10 days net. That gives them a week to process our invoice.
A 30 day wait would be very unusual for a cleaning job. Most companies have someone authorized to cut a check day of work performed.
If I must invoice a job and wait like the Government contracts then I would add an incentive for them to expedite payment... Save 20$ if paid by...2 weeks.also- add 20$ if past 30 days.
For me, I don't want accounts where I have to wait very long to get paid. Cash flow is too important to a small business.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's just the way they do it. It's either me getting the work, or someone else.... It pisses me off, but I've learned to accept it.....
Have you tried giving them a range of prices on your bid?
30days-$$$
60days-$$$$
90days-$$$$$

Just a thought.

When your contract is or when the 1st quarter is over, give them a line of bull saying that due to what last years reports were for your business, you have to adjust your prices if the payments go over 30 days.

Name
Jeff T
I've done work for them for about 8-9 months.... So, I am now recieving cheques from them every week... 1-3 cheques..... It's kind of like they are paying for last weeks jobs, but the cheques are for jobs from 12-16 weeks ago. Now that we are at this point, I really don't care anymore...... I charge them 25% more than all other accounts......

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Jeff T
I've done work for them for about 8-9 months.... So, I am now recieving cheques from them every week... 1-3 cheques..... It's kind of like they are paying for last weeks jobs, but the cheques are for jobs from 12-16 weeks ago. Now that we are at this point, I really don't care anymore...... I charge them 25% more than all other accounts......
It's also a double edged sword..... I have gained countless new clients from the RELATIONSHIP......(key word)...... I don't want to rock the boat, I am doing well with them.....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom