Question about washing

Sergio

Name
Sergio
Hi,
my name is Sergio from Italy. I'm sorry for my bad english

I am 37 years old and i wash oriental rugs for about 2 years.
I have some question about washing.

I use injection-extraction method for wash oriental rugs

My washing procedure:
- Mix cold water with acetic acid with Oriental Carpet Cleaning
9hnbqh.jpg

- I spray this mix on the rug. It's a pre-spray

- I wait 10 minutes. I wash the rug with same mix using this tool
- I rinse the rug with cold water and acetic acid using this tool
ns300.jpg

Questions:
1)What do you think about my washing method?
2)For rinsing, It is necessary to use a specific chemical product with water to soften wool, or just use the water?
3) For washing and rinsing, can i use hot water?

Sorry for my bad english
Thanks You and King Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Hey Sergio,

Your washing method sounds good with the tools you have. But I do have some suggestions.

Prior to washing a thorough vacuuming of both sides of the rug will help remove dry soil prior to wet cleaning.

I would suggest using a soft-medium stiff bristle brush to agitate the carpet fibers once you have thoroughly presprayed. This will help to further loosen soil and activate your pre-spray. Your dwell time is good.

The chemical you're using looks to be a very low PH product (2.5-3pH) which is OK, but with extraction cleaning most wool rugs can handle a prespray with a pH more in the 7-8.5 range and you may find that it will help remove more soil from heavily trafficked areas. Rugs that you believe may bleed or have color migration will be safer to use the lower pH product.
Rugs that are made from synthetic fiber can handle a much higher pH and with proper rinsing will work very well at removing heavy traffic lane soiling.

You stated you're rinsing with water and acetic acid, this will be sufficient at removing the soil, chemical residues, and should be leaving the fibers soft. No other product is absolutely necessary.

With wool, silk, and cotton fibers use hot water sparingly until you understand how the dyes can migrate. Dyes are loosened more often with higher pH products (alkalis) and heat (hot water). It is generally safer to use warm to cool water over hot.
With synthetics hot water would be acceptable and generally yield better results.

Hope this helps!
Welcome!

Reactions: Mikey P

Sergio

Name
Sergio
Thanks for reply. You are really goid man.
Usually i wash oriental rugs. I prefer to use cold water becouse i am afraid about dye bleeding. I also have got another chemical cleaner with ph 8. Do you raccomend me to use it for very soil carpets ans synthetic also?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom