Question for members who have experience with Turbo's

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
For those of you that have purchased a new Turbo in the past 12-18 months have you noticed any difference with the actual pressure you obtain from it? About a year ago I purchased a new turbo to have for the 2nd truck. Never used it until we landed those big tile and grout jobs last year and when I went to use it I noticed the pressure was lower than what I was accustomed to. Distributor replaced it with a new one and when it went back to factory they said it had some Teflon tape stuck in one of the jets and that was causing it to not rotate properly. A month or so ago my old turbo was down temporarily and I gots out the new one to discover that it to does not perform as well . For example when I set the pressure at 1200 psi I get a good solid pressure from the old turbo of what I have grown accustomed to the past 7 years and the new one seems to be spraying at what my educated guess would be at about 800 psi just like the other new one.

Has anyone else experienced this? Have they changed something since going to the new design? I took a video tonight of the 2 while my son operated both and it is clear that the new one is not putting out the same pressure. My first 2 were great as far as everything including the pressure however the last 2 seem to be lacking in pressure. I have not said anything to the distributor I purchased it from and will not. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The stolen one I bought off of Jim Martin a few months back has the same pressure "feeling" my redline does.

Does yours have smaller jet sizes than your other tool?

Reactions: Desk Jockey
I bought a Turbo hybrid tile wand and could not get it to work for me. I used it on three jobs. I didn't like it at all. I sent it back and got a new sx-12. Much better and faster performance.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'd just fix it. Crap in a fitting, filter, or jet somewhere. Plus jet is likely at wrong angle to floor.

Turbo Hybrids rock!!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I'd just fix it. Crap in a fitting, filter, or jet somewhere. Plus jet is likely at wrong angle to floor.

Turbo Hybrids rock!!

Lee, that was me a walking positive testimony...

just not used to having issues with them. I'll take part of a day off sometime and go through this "new" turbo to see if I can figure out the bug and fix it.

Last edited:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Check the filter on the tool and the pull both jets and run it. Light check the jets and make sure they are the correct size and angle them correctly. Your done. Remember the larger diameter will seem a little slow. I prefer 0504 jets to the stock 0502. It raises the speed of cleaning for me.

Gene

Reactions: BLewis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom